Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

ESPN hits an new all-time low!

First they bombarded us with all of the T.O. idoicise, then after Barry Bonds testified to taking steroids they give him his own show. Now, this evening they broadcasted a town meeting to discuss the plight of Michael Vick, an admitted felon, who just got idicted with more charges. Somehow what he did (torturing innocent animals on a daily basis so he and his other demented clan could bet on which animal dies first) got lost because he can run fast and became a mediocre quarterback.

If any of you have a conscience you would stop watching that network and boycott any of the sponsors. Oh yeah, it was just a dog right? It is ok that from birth these animals were tormented, and then allowed to be killed for sport. I'm sorry, this is about race. Had he been white he never would have been charged.

Honestly, if you believe that you are sick and have serious issues with reality. In addition, if you want your kids to be poor sports, cheaters, and abusers of animals, please buy them a jersey. I also sincerely hope your children all become an exceptional athelete, because isn't that what is most important?

ESPN the worldwide leader in providing the degenerant a stage!

Re: ESPN hits an new all-time low!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahravens View Post
    First they bombarded us with all of the T.O. idoicise, then after Barry Bonds testified to taking steroids they give him his own show. Now, this evening they broadcasted a town meeting to discuss the plight of Michael Vick, an admitted felon, who just got idicted with more charges. Somehow what he did (torturing innocent animals on a daily basis so he and his other demented clan could bet on which animal dies first) got lost because he can run fast and became a mediocre quarterback.

If any of you have a conscience you would stop watching that network and boycott any of the sponsors. Oh yeah, it was just a dog right? It is ok that from birth these animals were tormented, and then allowed to be killed for sport. I'm sorry, this is about race. Had he been white he never would have been charged.

Honestly, if you believe that you are sick and have serious issues with reality. In addition, if you want your kids to be poor sports, cheaters, and abusers of animals, please buy them a jersey. I also sincerely hope your children all become an exceptional athelete, because isn't that what is most important?

ESPN the worldwide leader in providing the degenerant a stage!
    It was flat out embarassing.

ESPN should be ashamed.

Words cannot describle how bad that whole thing was.

Incredible.

They actually took a question from an emailer where the person asked Bob Ley to take a quick "applause" poll.

He first asked for the audience to show with applause who thought dog fighting ok and shouldn't be a crime. The majority of the crowd cheered loudly.

Then he asked for the people who thought dog fighting should be illegal to clap. It was very clear that they were in the minority.

I have no idea what ESPN was trying to accomplish by staging this crap, but one thing is for sure. It was a complete clusterf*** and it was beyond embarassing.

The crowd booed anyone who wasn't for freeing Michael Vick (there were many people wearing "Free Mike Vick" T-shirts) and even people just stating that what he did was wrong. Chuck Smith, the former Falcons DE and Vick's teammate for a year, couldn't even finish his statements without the crowd jeering him,

It was truly nauseating.

PP

This truly made Atlanta African Americans look bad. The crowd seemed like a bunch of thugs, who the majority approved of killing animals. This is not the type of publicity the avg black person needs. ESPN did a great disservice to the minority group. Hopefully most people can see this is not how most minorities think. They surely made this controversial.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    This truly made Atlanta African Americans look bad. The crowd seemed like a bunch of thugs, who the majority approved of killing animals. This is not the type of publicity the avg black person needs. ESPN did a great disservice to the minority group. Hopefully most people can see this is not how most minorities think. They surely made this controversial.
    ESPN did a disservice for having the damn thing.

The people in the audience did themselves a disservice. Nobody told them to act like that.

To say that their behavior is somehow ESPN's fault is ridiculous. They are grown adults who acted like children.

Im not gonna pretend to know what most minorities think. But I can say without a doubt that I know what most minorities in that audience thought.

It was disgusting.

PP

Thumbs down Re: ESPN hits an new all-time low!

Quote Originally Posted by yeahravens View Post
    I'm sorry, this is about race. Had he been white he never would have been charged.

More liberal mumbo-jumbo. Get off it.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Lilly White judgment.

Ever been to a bullfight? Where do you stand on bullfights in Spain? Is that ok?

How about the fact that other cultures eat dogs? Is that OK?

Is it OK to eat snakes? How about monkeys?

It's always been interesting to me to see everyone jump on their high horse and tell everyone else what is morally acceptable.

If you respond to this email identify yourself as either

A) Never served in the military. B) Never served in a combat unit in the military. C) Tree hugger. D) Why are you picking on me. E) Combat vet.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post
    Lilly White judgment.

Ever been to a bullfight? Where do you stand on bullfights in Spain? Is that ok?

It's always been interesting to me to see everyone jump on their high horse and tell everyone else what is morally acceptable.

A) Never served in the military. B) Never served in a combat unit in the military. C) Tree hugger. D) Why are you picking on me. E) Combat vet.
    LILLY WHITE JUDGEMENT????

Amazing! Have you ever learned to read? This about the practice of, ok, I'll slow my roll bro, THE DAILY TORTURE OF AN INNOCENT ANIMAL FOR THE PURPOSE OF GAMBLING AND KILLING. Sorry I couldn't put that in ebonics for you.

I guess OJ is innocent because he is black, sorry I missed that peice of evidence. This is not part of the food chain. People don't raise snakes and torture them daily, nor monkeys. Bull fighting is illegal in this country also.

Let's go with F) you are an ignorant person taking up for someone because of the color of their skin when clearly what they did was disgusting.

Maybe you missed where he apologized for what he did? I guess the MAN made him do that.

Lilly White judgment.

It's illegal. Morals have NOTHING to do with it. Like the WHITE guy in out west (I forget what state) who is on trial for polygamy and rape. For him, it's morally acceptable. Who cares. It's against the law.

If you don't like that fact, call your local representative.

It's not about a high horse. It's about the law.

Why is that so hard to grasp?

How in the hell does a bull fight in Spain pertain to dog fighting in the USA?

Don't bother answering that question.

PP

Is it ok to fight scorpions if you are in Iraq?

Is it ok to fight scorpions if you are in Iraq?
    What???

BTW, I am very glad I missed this thing on ESPN, whatever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    What???

BTW, I am very glad I missed this thing on ESPN, whatever it was.
    Don't you see Stinger?

It's the classic argument people use when defending Vick.

They ignore laws and try to justify it by using ridiculous examples like that.

PP

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

More liberal mumbo-jumbo. Get off it.
    I think you missed the sarcasm, Ted. One thing bad about message boards, without the proper emoticons sarcasm, among other things, can get missed quite easily.

Lilly White judgment.

I am lilly white, pure as the driven snow. But I have never seen a bullfight in Spain or Mexico, but from what I have heard I don't want to. Then again, that has ZERO bearing on the matter at hand so who cares.

Sure, as long as they aren't tortured day and night to make them vicious (or delicious) and then put in fights to the death, or maybe randomly tortured and killed in disgusting ways because they didn't fight well.

How in your mind is their a comparison?

Again, are they being tortured throughout their lives for entertainment purposes and then put in death matches?

You should be able to see those on their high horses since you are perched on one equally as high while you tell us what you find morally acceptable. Irony is a wonderful thing.

How about F)? A rational person.