Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The Greatest Off-Topic Off-Season Thread Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    It is Haystacks Calhoun. Supposedly he weighed 640 lbs at one point during his career. During the late 50's and 60's he was the biggest (no pun intended) wrestling attraction. Believe it or not there was another wrestling giant named Happy Humphrey who weighed in at 800 lbs. lol! As a young kid in the 60's I can remember my dad and uncles talking about Haystacks and Bruno Sammartino all the time.
    Bruno Sammartino. Now you are talking. Mid 1970's was the best time in wrassling history. Dominic DeMNucci. The BlackJacks. Professor Taru Tanaka and Mr Fugi. The Olympic Strong man Ken Patera. Ivan Putski. Nikolai Volkov.

Blog Entries

Re: The Greatest Off-Topic Off-Season Thread Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The WWE Network so far has been a bust. That stock went from $10 to over $30 based on the revenue expectations of their new subscription service. They didn't anywhere close to the subscribers that were promised so now it's back down near $12. That billionaire status that Vince had was only on paper for 1 quarter before the stock got back to it's normal range. Too bad Vince didn't sell in March. He would have tripled his money.
    Compare that to Bisciotti whose status only went higher. He was tied with Snyder
    as 89th richest American last time I checked. He bought the team from Art for $600M and it's worth over $1B.
    Art made enough to pay off his $200M debt and had $400M left over and he bought the Browns for about
    $4M in 63. Art wasn't such a bad business man after all.