Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Around The League: Minicamp News From Other Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Doesn't he have a son? I'm pretty sure that he's going to be the one taking the team.
    Yes. Steven Jones. He might be thinking of Katie Blackburn who is the the daughter and heir apparent of Mike Brown in Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yes. Steven Jones. He might be thinking of Katie Blackburn who is the the daughter and heir apparent of Mike Brown in Cincinnati.
    That would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    That would make more sense.
    Looked it up, 2 sons and daughter, all working in the cowboys organization. Thought I saw it mentioned in an interview about the girl possibly taking over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    ???? Orton won. He never retired and was instead released. That means the Cowboys can't go after that $5 signing bonus they gave him. If Orton was the one to blink he would have had to pay a good chunk of that money back to the Cowboys. It's Jerry who got screwed by this. He's now paying millions for a guy to not play for him.
    Oh yeah.....I got that one mixed up.....
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Down in MIA...

New OC (came from PHL) wants to move Wallace around like DJax was moved around in PHL.

I don't know if that means a big season is coming for Wallace, but I think that TE Charles Clay may be the prime benefactor. While defenders are shifting or tracking Wallace, Clay is beating single coverage left-and-right...even more so, if MIA can find some way to run the ball. That crap OLine though...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: Around The League: News From Other Teams

Thinking about DAL...

A crap defense in '13 and Lee and Ware are gone for '14.

PHL's offense will be better.
    WAS' offense will be better.
    NYG will be better on offense too (scrapped the option route scheme that led to so many Eli picks).
    They also face Luck, Brees, Chicago, and the NFCW.

I mean, DAL still has excellent offensive skill players but damn...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Thinking about DAL...

A crap defense in '13 and Lee and Ware are gone for '14.

PHL's offense will be better.
    WAS' offense will be better.
    NYG will be better on offense too (scrapped the option route scheme that led to so many Eli picks).
    They also face Luck, Brees, Chicago, and the NFCW.

I mean, DAL still has excellent offensive skill players but damn...
    I'm not sure about NYG. They've got some talented receivers and a new scheme that'll help Eli, but they have questions at the O-Line, Tight End and RB.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Ya' don't say.........................
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Down in MIA...

New OC (came from PHL) wants to move Wallace around like DJax was moved around in PHL.

I don't know if that means a big season is coming for Wallace, but I think that TE Charles Clay may be the prime benefactor. While defenders are shifting or tracking Wallace, Clay is beating single coverage left-and-right...even more so, if MIA can find some way to run the ball. That crap OLine though...
    I'm not sure that Wallace can handle that responsibility. His agility and lateral quickness is somewhat better than Torrey's, but asking him to rely on it 'too' much could actually de-emphasize his impact in the offense.

Imagine that, Rex is going to be Rex, and I can understand why it's important for him to say that. Jets fans have hope, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Imagine that, Rex is going to be Rex, and I can understand why it's important for him to say that. Jets fans have hope, LOL.
    They did go 8-8 last year. I'm not sure the playoffs are far fetched for them. Looking at their schedule, I'd expect them to go 2-2 against the AFC West, and 3-1 against the NFC North. Then they are @TEN and home vs PIT. Let's call that 1-1. I think they are capable of sweeping MIA and BUF, so even if they don't beat NE they can be a 10-win team. That's if -- IF -- Geno Smith can develop as an NFL QB.
    "Chin up, chest out."