Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Around The League: News From Other Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Already suspended Justin Blackmon arrested on suspicion of Mary Jane possession

Dumbass
    The Jags were smart. They knew their super-talented receiver was an idiot and drafted WRs. The Browns did not. Is it any wonder why I believe the Jags have a likelier chance of future chance of future success than the Browns?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Chargers Larry English was released.

struggled to stay healthy and wasnt a very consistent pass rusher when he was.

unlikely addition for us with the depth/youth we already have.
    English is an unlikely addition to any team. That guy was a complete bust

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    The Jags were smart. They knew their super-talented receiver was an idiot and drafted WRs. The Browns did not. Is it any wonder why I believe the Jags have a likelier chance of future chance of future success than the Browns?
    Damn. I mean it's just pot but leave the stuff at home. Why in the world would he have it in the car with him? Gonna cost him dearly...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

no surprises here. AJ has no leverage

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 15m
    Andre Johnson reports for camp http://wp.me/p14QSB-9wz6

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Justin Blackmon looks like shit.

Losing Pouncey is big for Miami, because they deal with fresher DTs early in the season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Justin Blackmon looks like shit.

Losing Pouncey is big for Miami, because they deal with fresher DTs early in the season.
    I think Miami will end up being another stinker.

I'm not sold on Joe Philbin as the HC there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 3m
    The #Falcons and WR Roddy White have agreed to a 4-year contract extension, the team announced. Some background: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353533/article/falcons-roddy-white-likely-to-get-new-deal-by-camp …
    Expand

32 year old wr with inconsistent hands gets 9m/year the first two and 6m/year his last two at 34 and 35 years old. id say he made out quite well. not sure of the guarantees but I cant see him playing that out considering the deterioration of his skills already.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Well I'm damn sure not sold on Miami's GM.

Chris Wessling talked about this on the 'Around the League' Podcast a few weeks back when we found out about Dion Jordan's situation. Dion Jordan was a 3-4 OLB type that was too small for the 4-3 DE role. He then likely used the PEDs to bulk up during the off-season, a bulking that was universally noticed league-wise, in order to be a better fit for the 4-3, and now got popped.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    32 year old wr with inconsistent hands gets 9m/year the first two and 6m/year his last two at 34 and 35 years old. id say he made out quite well. not sure of the guarantees but I cant see him playing that out considering the deterioration of his skills already.
    After he was fully healthy in the last 5 games of the season Roddy White averaged 9 catches and 100 yards a game. It wasn't like Atlanta was getting blown out and playing catch up all game long in those games, either; it was just White playing well. Health could potentially be a question mark (even though he's only missed 3 career games) but I'm pretty sure White is going to continue to be one of the league's better WRs.

Is the deal a good idea? I'm not sure, it's rarely a good idea to pay an over-30 player big money in any event, but you might say the Falcons are buying low getting him off an injury-riddled season. If he goes for 1300+ yards again in 2014--and he might, Julio Jones is still not healthy and the Falcons will likely have no defense, no run game, and no Tony Gonzalez--the extension will look like a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think Miami will end up being another stinker.

I'm not sold on Joe Philbin as the HC there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm more scared of Marvin Lewis coached teams than Philbin coached teams. Let's just read that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    After he was fully healthy in the last 5 games of the season Roddy White averaged 9 catches and 100 yards a game. It wasn't like Atlanta was getting blown out and playing catch up all game long in those games, either; it was just White playing well. Health could potentially be a question mark (even though he's only missed 3 career games) but I'm pretty sure White is going to continue to be one of the league's better WRs.

Is the deal a good idea? I'm not sure, it's rarely a good idea to pay an over-30 player big money in any event, but you might say the Falcons are buying low getting him off an injury-riddled season. If he goes for 1300+ yards again in 2014--and he might, Julio Jones is still not healthy and the Falcons will likely have no defense, no run game, and no Tony Gonzalez--the extension will look like a steal.
    The man has mastered offensive pass interference, hardly any refs ever call him for it. That alone is worth big bucks, LOL

Blog Entries