Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Around The League: Minicamp News From Other Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I said Flacco's contract is going to look like a bargin in a few years...
    That last part was more of a joke.

Blog Entries

From Tenn it looks like our guy Oher is looking over his shoulder already. A lot of fans were pissed at them taking Taylor Lewan while everyone here wanted him or Zack Martin but Tenn took the safe pick and for the future. He could move either Oher or their LT out this year.

The Titans threw many people a curveball by drafting Taylor Lewan at 11th overall and bypassing a few other pressing needs.

There's no questioning Lewan's value as an offensive tackle at the next level. He plays with the physicality and mean streak that makes for a great offensive lineman.

However, you can't help but be a little troubled by Lewan's current legal battle that involves an alleged assault on two Ohio State fans.

In the end, this probably gets washed away. This isn't something that should raise any serious red flags. Adding another offensive tackle is fair criticism, but judgement should be reserved on Lewan's legal battle.

With that said, it needs to be resolved before training camp begins. Lewan has the potential to leapfrog an aging Michael Roos (31) or Michael Oher for a starting role.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    From Tenn it looks like our guy Oher is looking over his shoulder already. A lot of fans were pissed at them taking Taylor Lewan while everyone here wanted him or Zack Martin but Tenn took the safe pick and for the future. He could move either Oher or their LT out this year.

The Titans threw many people a curveball by drafting Taylor Lewan at 11th overall and bypassing a few other pressing needs.

There's no questioning Lewan's value as an offensive tackle at the next level. He plays with the physicality and mean streak that makes for a great offensive lineman.

However, you can't help but be a little troubled by Lewan's current legal battle that involves an alleged assault on two Ohio State fans.

In the end, this probably gets washed away. This isn't something that should raise any serious red flags. Adding another offensive tackle is fair criticism, but judgement should be reserved on Lewan's legal battle.

With that said, it needs to be resolved before training camp begins. Lewan has the potential to leapfrog an aging Michael Roos (31) or Michael Oher for a starting role.
    Michael Oher, highest drafted swing tackle in the history of the NFL.

Blog Entries

Jonathan Franklin, 2nd year RB for Green Bay, will be cut from the team tomorrow. According to the Packers, his neck injury is pretty serious and possibly career ending.

He was a 4th round pick last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Michael Oher, highest drafted swing tackle in the history of the NFL.
    Hardly. Tony Mandrich the #2 pick in the draft was a swing tackle mid way in his career. Lots of guys don't live up to the hype.

Blog Entries

LOL - Oz just didn't want to admit failure with Oher a #1 pick and stuck with him til the end when it was obvious to even him he had to go. Some fans still make excuses for Oher. Oz also said the purge was about production or lack thereof. Tenn was pleased enough to re-sign Pollard while our d suffered last year. I defended Oz on Pollard and Boldin but sometimes even the greatest are wrong.

The re-signings illustrate how pleased the Titans were with the production from: Pollard, who led the team with 142 tackles in 16 starts; Pitoitua, who had career highs of 91 tackles and four sacks in 13 starts; and Johnson, who had 35 tackles and a career-best three sacks in starting six of the 16 games he played.

Blog Entries

Jags release Jason Babin. They just signed him to a deal

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...book.com%22%7D

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hardly. Tony Mandrich the #2 pick in the draft was a swing tackle mid way in his career. Lots of guys don't live up to the hype.
    The difference between Oher and Mandarich is that Oher didn't use steroids, at least for all we know.

The difference is you shouldn't speak in absolutes so much. You guys that choose to only look back 4-5 years in NFL history and then make statements like you did, really should pay attention more, and think about what you are getting ready to post. What does Mandrich's steroid use have to do with qualifying your absolute statement of highest drafted swing tackle in the "history of the NFL"?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Jonathan Franklin, 2nd year RB for Green Bay, will be cut from the team tomorrow. According to the Packers, his neck injury is pretty serious and possibly career ending.

He was a 4th round pick last year.

That sucks. I thought he was going to have a really good career.

Has to be devastating for him...I wish him nothing but the best.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Bc's sister-in-law arrives early to MAXIcamp. Still at all-you-can-eat buffet. Expected on the field when food runs out. Hasn't weighed in yet, awaiting industrial scale... Bc
    This woman has really caused a great scar in your life hasn't she?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That sucks. I thought he was going to have a really good career.

Has to be devastating for him...I wish him nothing but the best.
    I really liked him as a prospect. He and Gillislee were my favorite RBs in that class. What a shame.