Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Would you trade Mike Anderson for a DL?

Is this scenario one you would consider as the Ravens GM:

The Ravens are thin at DL w/ the injury to Pryce

The Saints are now thin at RB w/ the injury to Deuce McCallister

Would you propose a trade of Anderson for a starting DL from the Saints?

I think if it were me I would have to seriously consider looking into this.

Thoughts?

FM

Re: Would you trade Mike Anderson for a DL?

Absolutely not! Pryce will recover -- if not, we can pick someone up from our camp or elsewhere.

The way I saw it, had Anderson played against Cincy, we would have had the RB with the ability to smash the ball over the goal line. That situation will occue again.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I see your point Mista T...but, since Anderson has been here he has been collecting dust on the bench. Billick hardly ever user him and Musa seems to able to handle giving Willis a rest. I say why not get some value for Anderson now.

FM

4. Re: Would you trade Mike Anderson for a DL?

One thing to consider is that this in the NFL and not a video game. all the boards have these ideas of trades and such, and although some make sense, in reality trades during the season are very rare. Even the off season trades are rare.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Musa is a liability as far as injury goes. Who is our back up if we trade Anderson? Cory Ross?

I think we can get by until after the bye week without Pryce. Missing him is not even the biggest reason we are not pressuring the QB's in the 4th quarter.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

No, you keep Anderson. An insurance policy sits in the desk drawer collecting dust too...until you need it.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Another thing to consider is that if Anderson is having these family issues as rumoured or were mentioned prior to the Bengals game then you simply do not up root him mid-season out of common decency.

I don't think we need to do that. The problem is the number of snaps for the starting D-line when the no huddle offense starts. Rotate the line in and out, if the defense tries to quick snap, they cannot call a planned play, and it will work out in our favor over the course of a game. And please, I really believe this, please start going Cover 2 and keep everything in front of you! Most of the break downs occurred via poor tackling in man coverage. Drop the LB's, and make them try and go the distance 3-4 yards at a time, instead of getting caught in miscoverages and getting down the field in chunks!!!!!!!

You keep him, we are not desperate yet. Leave the team alone.

That proposed trade assumes the Saints have a DL we would want.

Given their track record this season, I wouldnt even touch a DL from that putrid team.

I'd happily take either of their DEs in-spite of how they've played thus far this season.

No way. In fact, I would play him in every game. What on earth did he ever do wrong that he doesn't receive more playing time. The guy is a proven runner and a class act as an individual. What are the Ravens thinking benching this guy?