Anyone have the video of Heap getting Hit in the Head?

That is all, I was at the game and didn't see it clearly. I want to decide for myself about the call.

Not that I will complain if it was a bad call since the officials have basically made it their mission to have the Ravens lose in the first 2 weeks. About time we got some good calls in the 3rd.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Re: Anyone have the video of Heap getting Hit in the Head?

Yes nfl.com has it, along with the other highlights, here.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Yes nfl.com has it, along with the other highlights, here.
    Thanks Festivus.

Not sure about this one, tough call. I see why the Official made the call however. He may not have led with his forearm but he sure followed through with it as Heap was going down.

Helmet to helmet. I personally think players should get ejected for that kind of sh*t. It was a wicked - by which I mean, evil - hit, and no accident. Fifteen yards should have been the *beginning* of the punishment and I hope a fine will follow.

The headhunters of the league really make me sick.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I agree with your statement, but It looked to me like he was leading with his shoulder then hit him with and followed through with his forearm.

Pyite often times these illegal hits begin with a legal looking one, a hand grazing across the shoulder into the grill of the face mask, stuff like that.

I watch this video and what I see is, whatever touching that may have preceded it, Wilson *drove* his helmet into Heap's. It was a good call; I really don't think anyone but the biggest Cardinal homer could call it questionable.

Interesting side note. In :watching: around the web I found this forum where many Cardinals fans saw what they wanted to see. And many of them complained the officials are always out to get the Cardinals, or were giving the Ravens hometown breaks, etc., etc. That part sure reminded me of what I read here sometimes. . .
    Last edited by festivus; 09-25-2007 at 04:45 PM. Reason: link to cardinals forum
    Festivus

I agree that it was a penalty, with the forearm. From the vidio on NFL.com it doesn't even look like his helmet hits heap. If you look at the first shot from the side I see his helmet no where near Heap's.

Anyway I don't know why we are arguing about this, b/c we both think it is a penalty, just for different reasons.

It was a bang bang play and difficult to see, so that will happen.

Thanks again for the link Festivus and you have a wonderful day.

Not arguing. At least not what I call arguing.
    Festivus

you are right. More of a discussion of differing points of view.

I wasn't sure of your tone when you used my screen name to start a post, and then wrote this at the end "I really don't think anyone but the biggest Cardinal homer could call it questionable."

It made up for all the missed holding calls, and of course, the missed horse collar tackle they didn't call. That was complete BS.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    It was a good call; I really don't think anyone but the biggest Cardinal homer could call it questionable.
    I talked to a few Steeler fans who thought it was a questionable call. Of course, they also thought their Super Bowl was called fair, so what do they know?