Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: KJ to catch 40-50 this year?

25 sounds about right. I would guess that 2015 is when KJ becomes a bigger part of the offense. There's just too many good players and not enough balls to go around now. You are looking at probably close to 300 receptions of somewhere between 320-350 going to the four receivers and two TEs. Not enough left over for a guy like KJ to make a big contribution numbers wise (although he can still make big contributions that don't go on the stat sheet).
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Just kind of thinking - big picture - about possibilities...

The three seasons where Schaub played the entire season (2009, 2010, and 2012), he threw an average of 370 completions.

If Joe were to complete 370 passes this year, I think the breakdown would look something like this:
    Torrey - 65
    Steve - 55
    Marlon - 40
    Jacoby - 25
    Campanaro - 15
    LaQuan - 0

Pitta - 50
    Daniels - 40
    Gilmore - 0
    KJ - 25

Rice - 30
    Pierce - 10
    Taliaferro - 0
    Forsett - 15
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just kind of thinking - big picture - about possibilities...

The three seasons where Schaub played the entire season (2009, 2010, and 2012), he threw an average of 370 completions.

If Joe were to complete 370 passes this year, I think the breakdown would look something like this:
    Torrey - 65
    Steve - 55
    Marlon - 40
    Jacoby - 25
    Campanaro - 15
    LaQuan - 0

Pitta - 50
    Daniels - 40
    Gilmore - 0
    KJ - 25

Rice - 30
    Pierce - 10
    Taliaferro - 0
    Forsett - 15
    Curious, I would think that Steve or Dennis lead the team in receptions in 2014.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Curious, I would think that Steve or Dennis lead the team in receptions in 2014.
    That is a possibility for sure. That's why they're all relatively close to each other.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    It's not unthinkable, three catches a game will get him 48 receptions.
    I believe that's wishful thinking. With all of Joe's other receiving options, IMO he won't even get 3 targets a game... Bc

Blog Entries

Would you believe 2 catches pr game?

How about 1.

If Kubes is saying 40-50 I'll go by that for now.

He has the real potential to be a huge threat in the redzone. As an Fullback/H-Back, he will replace Leach on those goal line situations. While he is not as good as a blocker, his catching ability is far superior. I see a lot of play-action roll out passes to Juice that result in those 1 yard TD's.

Blog Entries

There's just too many good players and not enough balls to go around now.

Exactly when did the Ravens ever have too many good players catching the ball to spread things around? hmmmmmn

And don't say JJ and Marlon.

Torrey Smith was our only legit 1st string WR until Steve Smith signed and he's suddenly our best receiver while teaching the one guys.

Blog Entries

Yes, I would consider both Marlon and Jacoby good players. You don't? Marlon was probably the most consistent receiver we had last season. The addition of Steve Smith slots them both where they belong now, instead of having to play roles they weren't suited for. I think they have six guys ahead of KJ now of whom I would only consider one "very good" (Pitta) but all of whom are good, capable players. Certainly the best group of receiving options this team has had in year, maybe ever?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52