Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: One and Done for Kubiak?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Honestly I don't see him getting many suitors. Even IF he turns this offense around. Look at the former HC that got another shot with a different team. They actually had success as a HC before. Kubes really hasn't. He's a OC. And that's it.
    He did get the Texans to the playoffs twice. That's more that can be said for a lot of current HC's, you know?

I'm not saying that Kubes is as good as gone. What I am saying is that if the Ravens offense turns it around from last season and cranks out one of the best offenses in franchise history (which I completely believe it could), then I could see Kubiak getting some interest from other teams.

The Raiders were supposedly contemplating making a change from Dennis Allen this past year, but they didn't. They have a young guy there now (Derek Carr) and a guy that played fairly well under Kubiak (Schaub). Maybe they'd be interested?

I don't want to see the guy go. I've been wanting a WCO in Baltimore for years. All I'm saying is the guy is one of the more respected offensive minds in the NFL and there are only 32 HC jobs in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Honestly I don't see him getting many suitors. Even IF he turns this offense around. Look at the former HC that got another shot with a different team. They actually had success as a HC before. Kubes really hasn't. He's a OC. And that's it.
    Caldwell got a HC gig after failing miserably as a HC without Manning, and the abomination of an offense he fielded last year. If HE can get interest from teams as a HC, what makes you think that if the Ravens turn from the statistically worst offense in the history of the NFL, to a top 10-12 unit inside one season, Kubiak won't be a candidate?

Blog Entries

I disagree with this. Prior to 2013, Texans were on the verge of being AFC title contenders. 2012, they lost to Pats in the Divisional round. Kubiak took them from a franchise that had never posted more than 7 wins in a season, to having an 8-8 or better record 5 out of the 8 years he was there. With winning seasons in 3 of them. He may not have "owned it" as a HC, but he certainly did a lot for that franchise.

And if you believe the hype, Caldwell was just a front for Manning leading the Colts.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Didn't say he wouldn't get suitors, I just think he won't be on any teams "must have" list. Just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I disagree with this. Prior to 2013, Texans were on the verge of being AFC title contenders. 2012, they lost to Pats in the Divisional round. Kubiak took them from a franchise that had never posted more than 7 wins in a season, to having an 8-8 or better record 5 out of the 8 years he was there. With winning seasons in 3 of them. He may not have "owned it" as a HC, but he certainly did a lot for that franchise.

And if you believe the hype, Caldwell was just a front for Manning leading the Colts.
    Caldwell and our Offense was bad last year. He was also the OC for the Ravens against the G-men and four PO games.. five games which in my mind is unique in a Ravens O. (and Flacco) perspective. If Lions had not called for Caldwell, I would have no problem with us bringing back Caldwell this season.

Kubiak and Tex had had a strong 2012 season.. better than ours by fare, they were probably more talented, late that season they lacked something we had hunger and experience.

Their PO loss against Patriots was not your simple PO loss, it was an ugly collapse, and thinking back to how our coaches handled BB and Brady one week later, it was even more horrible.

We (or at least Ray Ray have played 21 PO games.. 14-7) Five of the Ls was close and living games until the end. Only two games where we lost to a clearly better opponent, neither of those I would describe in the same manor as the Tex loss to Pats, btw I would not even call Pats a clearly better team than Tex that year.

Kubiak is surely one of the best offensive minds in the game, not that fare from Norv Turner as playcaller. As HC not impressed!

Well for the talk of Kubiak as an HC he didn't get too many suitors this year. The Buccaneers took Lovie Smith, who is the most accomplished having made it to the Super Bowl. The Lions took Caldwell, who Peyton made. The Titans took Ken Whisenhunt, who had one good year with Kurt Warner. The Browns took Mike Pettine, who has no HC experience. And the Redskins took Jay Gruden, who has no HC experience.