View Poll Results: Should the Ravens keep Flacco, draft a rookie, or sign a FA?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Free Agent - someone that can be a placeholder/game manager (Alex Smith, for example).

1 4.76%
  • Draft a Rookie (perhaps someone who Gary Kubiak feels may be a better fit for the WCO?

6 28.57%
  • Re-do Flacco's contract and see how he does after 1 full season in the WCO?

14 66.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: An interesting scenario/question for 2015

Did Cerrato come up with this poll? Joe is only one season away from beating murderers row of Luck, Manning and Brady. In addition he was MVP against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Bottom line if Joe has time he's a great qb. If he doesn't he's average. the line was awful last year and his wrs were never open. Joe is the least of our worries. Why not have this poll about. Ngata, Suggs, or Webb. Webb, Ngata and Yanda were high salary guys who underperformed last year but yet they get a pass.
    Last edited by celticrob; 06-11-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Did Cerrato come up with this poll? Joe is only one season away from beating murderers row of Luck, Manning and Brady. In addition he was MVP against one of the best defenses in the NFL. Bottom line if Joe has time he's a great qb. If he doesn't he's average. the line was awful last year and his wrs were never open. Joe is the least of our worries. Why not have this poll about. Ngata, Suggs, or Webb. Webb, Ngata and Yanda were high salary guys who underperformed last year but yet they get a pass.
    I think most folks feel the same way: Joe can be very good with a good team around him.

However, if the team is mediocre for the next few years and Joe is mediocre and the Ravens are in position to potentially draft a replacement because they may not be willing to pay $25+ mill per year for a mediocre QB...

Would they?

It is purely hypothetical, but if you want to get uptight about it then by all means...go ahead I guess.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    To be fair there's overreaction whenever Flacco's name is mentioned. He's the most boring polarizing athlete ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

No other player is going to come close to a $20+ million cap number. That's why it should be discussed.

How is Boller polarizing? Doesn't everyone agree that he sucked? Great kid, lousy QB.

Flacco is legitimately polarizing. Boller was just upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    How is Boller polarizing? Doesn't everyone agree that he sucked? Great kid, lousy QB.

Perhaps you weren't posting here yet but the mere mention of his name threw this board into a week long hissy fit.

Far more drama than what Flacco garners.

Perhaps you weren't posting here yet but the mere mention of his name threw this board into a week long hissy fit.
    Far more drama than what Flacco garners.
    Sounds like an externalized version of my own conflict between what my heart wanted to believe Boller could become, and what my eyes & brain were telling me Boller was. :( Those were rough days.

You're right, I joined here in 2008, after Harbaugh was hired. I was on another board with Chris Psuasskicker, and he directed me here.

Sounds like an externalized version of my own conflict between what my heart wanted to believe Boller could become, and what my eyes & brain were telling me Boller was. :( Those were rough days.

You're right, I joined here in 2008, after Harbaugh was hired. I was on another board with Chris Psuasskicker, and he directed me here.
    That's precisely what the debate was all about and it was downright nasty.

The bans-per-week stat line was immense.

Blog Entries

Everyone agrees in retrospect. Isn't wasn't that easy at the time. How long do you give a 1st round QB who missed half hist rookie season and had several injury issues? That's what the Titans are trying to figure out with Jake Locker. The Chargers had a somewhat similar issue with Drew Brees. It's not always easy to figure things out quickly

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Everyone agrees in retrospect. Isn't wasn't that easy at the time. How long do you give a 1st round QB who missed half hist rookie season and had several injury issues? That's what the Titans are trying to figure out with Jake Locker. The Chargers had a somewhat similar issue with Drew Brees. It's not always easy to figure things out quickly
    People here tend to think of Boller as an all-time bust, but he really wasn't.

He did win some games. He did have some big passing (400+ vs GB) days. He looked to be really getting rolling when he got hurt in STL. He did all this throwing mostly to Travis Taylor, Ron Johnson, and a bunch of other stiffs. Hell, we wanted to trade UP (thereby giving up something) to get Leftwich. Instead we traded BACK, and got Suggs along with Boller.

He was a bust definitely, but he was a low first-rounder, and did a lot better than many guys who were true QB busts taken at the top of the first. (Leaf, Couch, Akili Smith, etc.)
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    FWIW, the Ravens really don't have an option to do anything with Flacco until 2016 because of the amount of dead money involved.

It's the spring of 2016, that they'll likely have a tough decision to make (extend or release) - especially if Flacco doesn't progress.
    Yes, the way I remember it Joe was guaranteed bonus and salary 2013 through 2015... Bc

Blog Entries

You actually do bring up a good point. Not to tangent off this thread but this is Ngata's last year as a Raven. He hasn't lived up to his pay for the past 2 seasons. Suggs got a restructure but I can see him only lasting another year or 2 max also(this is who we really should be discussing). Webb's contract is horrible for the Ravens. I'd say he only has this year to prove himself because he hasn't lived up to the hype and contract, however the dead money prevents it. Yanda HAS lived up to his contract. He had one down year, is still youngish and I can see him being here the remainder without too much flack.