View Poll Results: Should the Ravens keep Flacco, draft a rookie, or sign a FA?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Free Agent - someone that can be a placeholder/game manager (Alex Smith, for example).

1 4.76%
  • Draft a Rookie (perhaps someone who Gary Kubiak feels may be a better fit for the WCO?

6 28.57%
  • Re-do Flacco's contract and see how he does after 1 full season in the WCO?

14 66.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: An interesting scenario/question for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    The Ravens have to keep Joe Flacco. They already know he's capable of taking the team to the Super Bowl and winning it. If they go 8-8 then they'll need to retool the team around Joe. Joe is in his prime so build around him while you can. I hate to see what life looks like beyond Joe. Prior to 2008 I had enough of QBs like Kyle Boller, Stoney Case, Jeff Mitchell, Jeff Blake, Anthony Mitchell, Ohio State Crawl To Cleveland dude (what was his name?), Tony Banks. See what I'm saying? QB's are not easy to find and we actually have a proven one.
    Troy Smith...

I still swear that guy closed his eyes right before he threw a pass... the shorter the pass was the less likely he was to complete it. I've never seen someone throw so many 5 yard passes 50+ mph at a RB's feet in the flats...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I've never seen someone throw so many 5 yard passes 50+ mph at a RB's feet in the flats...

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Personally, I think #5 goes bat-isht crazy in 2014 (all stats).
    I think he's good in 2014, and bat-shit crazy in 2015, after a year in the system and more development from guys like Marlon Brown and Campararo and Davy Crockett.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think he's good in 2014, and bat-shit crazy in 2015, after a year in the system and more development from guys like Marlon Brown and Campararo and Davy Crockett.
    :word

And by "good" I'm looking for 4,000-4,300 yards, 60% completion, 25 TDs, 15 or fewer INTs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Joe Flacco is not playing for his job in 2014!

How many career wins does Flacco need to have before Baltimore Fans accept the fact that Flacco's NFL career will be played out in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Let's say the Ravens finish 8-8 or 9-7 and get bounced from the playoffs again. Flacco has a so-so year, but the coaching staff chalks it up to everyone learning a brand new offense.

Knowing the Ravens have a pricey decision to make with Flacco and his contract after this season, do you think it would be worth it for the Ravens to strongly consider drafting another QB or signing a free agent? If so, who?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    in my recollection, TS had far worse accuracy on the short passes then KB.

Intermediate to long stuff? TS was almost certainly superior, but he had the soft touch of granite.

There are two more years until the decision needs to be made. And the simple fact is, "re-doing" a contract is a lot more complicated than many seem to think. It requires both sides to agree, and when it comes to pay cuts (or ultra cheap extensions that effectively serve as pay cuts), the player has very little incentive to agree.

Joe will have to screw up big time in order to be replaced before 2016. I see Ozzie's plan coming together this year for a run at the SB in the years after. Good chance for a run this year depending on how pitt and bengals do. Flacco has to get his timing down better and hit those receivers on the run with his strong arm. Do that and opposing teams will have their hands full.
    Meanwhile Ravens can draft to groom the right way with someone next year, or maybe Wenning shows some ability to play well. TS is gone after this year, jim harbaugh gets him in a trade with John.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    There are two more years until the decision needs to be made. And the simple fact is, "re-doing" a contract is a lot more complicated than many seem to think. It requires both sides to agree, and when it comes to pay cuts (or ultra cheap extensions that effectively serve as pay cuts), the player has very little incentive to agree.
    Agree completely. Re-doing a contract is far more complicated than negotiating one from scratch. My guess is that Flacco and Linta will play hardball knowing they have the leverage and this will prevent a deal from getting done unless Flacco has monster seasons in 15 forcing us to pay him. Linta has been licking his chops to stick it to the "dumb" Ravens front office and if I had to bet now, I think we move on with Wenning or someone else rather than do the equivalent of a 2015 Romo deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    Joe Flacco is not playing for his job in 2014!

How many career wins does Flacco need to have before Baltimore Fans accept the fact that Flacco's NFL career will be played out in Baltimore.

Way to completely turn the topic into hyperbolic overreaction.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Way to completely turn the topic into hyperbolic overreaction.
    To be fair there's overreaction whenever Flacco's name is mentioned. He's the most boring polarizing athlete ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    To be fair there's overreaction whenever Flacco's name is mentioned. He's the most boring polarizing athlete ever.