Blog Entries

Donte Stallworth back with the Ravens...as a coach

All in all, pretty cool deal...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...5&media-type=N

Stallworth had some nice moments here in 2010 in his return from the vehicular manslaughter incident, went on to play with the Redskins and Patriots, then had that horrific hot air balloon accident. Good guy, glad to see him get a shot at furthering his career with an internship here.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Donte Stallworth back with the Ravens...as a coach

Beat me to it ...

I've always been a fan of his. He's a very cerebral person so coaching should be a good fit for him.

Felt rather bad for him after the manslaughter incident. Fans and the media really twisted that incident into something it wasn't, much like they did / do with Ray's Atlanta mess.

Love a good redemption story and he's certainly living up to the bill. Hope he does well.

Blog Entries

The key to me was accountability. Stallworth didn't try to escape it, he didn't try to blame anyone else. He took it to heart that he really messed up, and he took the life of someone over a horrible mistake. He atoned, he made peace with the man's family, he did his penalty.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Speed coach? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Speed coach? :-)
    End-around coach.

Not excusing his actions, but always respected him for owning his mistake and making amends. It's what we preach, but so few people do it. Like HR says, seems like a thoughtful guy and can see him as a good coach.

Blog Entries

I really like this move. He seems like a standup guy who has moved on from his mistake. Hopefully he catches on as a coach.

Blog Entries

Good for him, I hope he catches on and continues with a coaching career.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I just like the fact that I can read an article on a football player and not have some long ago off-field issue that has no contextual relevance brought up.

Blog Entries

Sam Madison also. I remember that guy. Lol. But meh not sure how much Stallworth can teach guys. How to run the end around? A Fly route? Not much to see here except yeah it's cool the guy is moving into coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Sam Madison also. I remember that guy. Lol. But meh not sure how much Stallworth can teach guys. How to run the end around? A Fly route? Not much to see here except yeah it's cool the guy is moving into coaching.
    By that logic, Dick LeBeau should have been a dreadful coach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Just because Cam only used him for end arounds, doesn't mean he was a one trick pony...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWzNJYNeDNg