2000 Ravens - America;s Game

on at 10:00PM ET tonight on NFLN

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Re: 2000 Ravens - America;s Game

I still get misty eyed watching that team. They were the epitome of what being a Baltimore citizen meant.

Thanks for the heads-up, that was awesome.

I don't think I knew about Jermaine Lewis' baby.

4. Re: 2000 Ravens - America;s Game

I have the 2000 and 2012 America's Games still saved on my DVR...I don't plan on getting rid of them any time soon. I had a tradition of watching the 2000 America's Game the night before each playoff game in 2012. I think it worked out okay haha

I still find it interesting that they have Dilfer talking about the stolen playbook while they're showing a shot of Fisher on the sidelines. They really play it up, which is pretty unusual for an NFL production.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

He had a right to be for sure, but it's a shame Dilfer's bitterness at Billick came through so clearly on that episode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I still get misty eyed watching that team. They were the epitome of what being a Baltimore citizen meant.
    For all the talk of the Seahawks defense this year, I have never seen an absolute shut down defense like the 2000 Ravens.

Teams would come out and "try to establish the run" and get dominated by the 4 down lineman...then they would try screen passes and quick outs and the linebackers would be all over it...then they would try some mid-to-deep passes...and if McAlister or Woodson weren't laying the wood, Boulware, McCrary and Burnett were getting to the QB off the edges.

You could tell in the first 2 or 3 series if a team had a chance. Most didn't and knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He had a right to be for sure, but it's a shame Dilfer's bitterness at Billick came through so clearly on that episode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Huh?

He calls Billick a genius for the way he motivated the team once they secure their playoff spot.