Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Way too early Depth Chart Possibilties

Does anyone like the corners we picked up as UDFA? Looks like Sammy Seamster has some pretty good tangible size and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreLove View Post
    Does anyone like the corners we picked up as UDFA? Looks like Sammy Seamster has some pretty good tangible size and speed.
    I think both Seamster and Avery Patterson from Oregon have shots. Seamster has the size and measurables, but doesn't appear to have been hugely productive at a 2nd tier program in Middle Tenn St. He could be a real diamond in the rough though. 20 teams came calling for his FA services. Chose the Ravens because of their lack of CB depth.

Patterson is a somewhat short at 5'8", with a little lesser measurables than Seamster, but does have a solid resume and the pedigree of playing high level competition in college. He also has played safety and contributed on ST. He is a football player.

I would narrowly favor Patterson, but most seem to like Seamster better. Actually, I would have liked to have picked up Marcus Roberson from Fla, but that didn't happen. Was very surprised he wasn't drafted.

Regardless, it's all academic until they get on the practice field for the Ravens. Then they see what they've got. We actually drafted Marc Anthony last year and he was cut fairly early on. I'd still be very surprised if a vet CB wasn't brought in at some point.

Blog Entries
    What's Seamster's height?

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    I think both Seamster and Avery Patterson from Oregon have shots. Seamster has the size and measurables, but doesn't appear to have been hugely productive at a 2nd tier program in Middle Tenn St. He could be a real diamond in the rough though. 20 teams came calling for his FA services. Chose the Ravens because of their lack of CB depth.

Patterson is a somewhat short at 5'8", with a little lesser measurables than Seamster, but does have a solid resume and the pedigree of playing high level competition in college. He also has played safety and contributed on ST. He is a football player.

I would narrowly favor Patterson, but most seem to like Seamster better. Actually, I would have liked to have picked up Marcus Roberson from Fla, but that didn't happen. Was very surprised he wasn't drafted.

Regardless, it's all academic until they get on the practice field for the Ravens. Then they see what they've got. We actually drafted Marc Anthony last year and he was cut fairly early on. I'd still be very surprised if a vet CB wasn't brought in at some point.
    I would have liked Purifoy, too. Surprised they both went undrafted.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What's Seamster's height?
    6 foot 1, 200 lbs. Runs a sub 4.5 40.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    JAB, I think you're wrong here. Aside from Thompson getting "busted", I don't believe Thompson recorded a single tackle or PD while GG started @ Center for a whole season. 2nd, did Urschel ever play Center? That was GG's primary position. I'm not saying he can't be replaced, but your two scenarios IMO don't hold water... Bc
    In thompsons case he didnt havet good practices. He wasnt good enough to play. With gino he was our best, or only, option, especially after kos injury. He was a starter by default not by play. So yes one was a starter and one never played but I think the difference was having ed reed ahead of him vs nobody. Well now we have better options. I think urschel vs gino is a great battle and a smart guy like urschel will unlikely make the mental mistakes that gino consistently did. To me were talking about a battle for one of the last roster spots and urschel is viewed as a C/G, as well as Jensen who I think the team actually has higher expectations for than either.
    -JAB

Blog Entries
    For the record, Gino actually played guard at Delaware, not C.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    In thompsons case he didnt havet good practices. He wasnt good enough to play. With gino he was our best, or only, option, especially after kos injury. He was a starter by default not by play. So yes one was a starter and one never played but I think the difference was having ed reed ahead of him vs nobody. Well now we have better options. I think urschel vs gino is a great battle and a smart guy like urschel will unlikely make the mental mistakes that gino consistently did. To me were talking about a battle for one of the last roster spots and urschel is viewed as a C/G, as well as Jensen who I think the team actually has higher expectations for than either.
    If the Ravens release Gino then I'm cool with it because they know about talent evaluation. Thing is that Ozzie targeted him (high 4th round pick in 2012) before several more highly rated Centers. I think they will give him every chance to win a back-up spot, so IMO he has an edge over Jensen and Urschel... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If the Ravens release Gino then I'm cool with it because they know about talent evaluation. Thing is that Ozzie targeted him (high 4th round pick in 2012) before several more highly rated Centers. I think they will give him every chance to win a back-up spot, so IMO he has an edge over Jensen and Urschel... Bc
    very possible. My depth chart is a projection of what i think will unfold and nothing more. He probably does have a leg up right now, but as TC unfolds i expect him to remain about the same and Urschel and Jensen to improve. Itll be a tough decision any way you look at it so im not doubting that Gino could still be the last man standing.
    -JAB