Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Blog Entries

Re: Andre Johnson may want out of Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Additionally, I liked what I saw from Marlon Brown last year. We need to build on what he and Smith Jr :D have done in terms of home grown WR. We have had shit for years in that department and now that we have signs of life, there is no reason to bring in a dude for that amount of cake on the downside of his career. Smith Sr. will be perfect for us. Toughness, aggressive, a real leader with a chip on his shoulder who has played like a Raven his whole career and is now finally one.

That money needs to be spent on Torrey and Jimmy Smith(s). Not Andre Johnson. If it were Calvin Johnson, HELL YES, I'd give up two 1st rounders for him.
    This is pretty much how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Then he should have left and gotten it when he hit the market. No one forced him to stay in Houston.
    He put his faith in the team to build a winner and they built Matt Schaub. God only knows how Kubiak got so much out of him to begin with. Not to mention Brady shredding Wade Phillips defense to pieces.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Schaub was a decent QB for a good stretch. He did fall apart pretty quick. He might be able to revive his career. Who knows? Kurt Warner looked abysmal for the Giants only to later lead the Bidwell's to the Super Bowl.

Considering nothing else, Johnson would be a plus for the Ravens. But there is a lot else to consider. He doesn't play special teams. Neither will Steve Smith. It would be stupid to put Torrey on ST, too. So whoever you cut to make room for Johnson is going to have to be someone who doesn't contribute to ST. That pretty much leaves Brown, and I think his upside is too much to bring in another aging vet who is a stopgap solution.

I don't think we have a problem at WR right now. I expect Steve Smith will have a very nice year working out of the slot or opposite Torrey. I think Brown has a breakout year with the tight ends drawing a lot of the inside and red zone attention. As much as I think Johnson could help the team, he's not worth the cost even before you start counting the money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Schaub was a decent QB for a good stretch. He did fall apart pretty quick. He might be able to revive his career. Who knows? Kurt Warner looked abysmal for the Giants only to later lead the Bidwell's to the Super Bowl.

Considering nothing else, Johnson would be a plus for the Ravens. But there is a lot else to consider. He doesn't play special teams. Neither will Steve Smith. It would be stupid to put Torrey on ST, too. So whoever you cut to make room for Johnson is going to have to be someone who doesn't contribute to ST. That pretty much leaves Brown, and I think his upside is too much to bring in another aging vet who is a stopgap solution.

I don't think we have a problem at WR right now. I expect Steve Smith will have a very nice year working out of the slot or opposite Torrey. I think Brown has a breakout year with the tight ends drawing a lot of the inside and red zone attention. As much as I think Johnson could help the team, he's not worth the cost even before you start counting the money.
    .................................Oh, I'm sorry, did you say something? I was too busy counting touchdowns.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

IF we hadn't brought in Steve smith than I'd say yes bring in AJ. But as it is I'd rather not put that investment into a guy on the final legs of his career when we already have one. And I was all for and advocating for AJ prior to the SS signing.

Not happening, no matter how badly The Sword, wants it to. The guy costs too much money, he has a bad hamstring, and he is going to get in the way of one of the younger guys who need to play. No way Ozzie makes that deal, then with the reports of the Texans not budging...

Blog Entries

This is Ed Reed's fault.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post

Schaub's problem was he couldn't stay healthy. The years he was healthy all season long (except for last season) he had great outings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If Ed Reed hadn't picked Houston's pockets, they wouldn't be so reluctant to make a deal with Baltimore. That's what's really going on behind the scenes. You don't think Johnson would restructure his contract to catch passes from a Super Bowl MVP in a system that he's been highly successful in?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If Ed Reed hadn't picked Houston's pockets, they wouldn't be so reluctant to make a deal with Baltimore. That's what's really going on behind the scenes. You don't think Johnson would restructure his contract to catch passes from a Super Bowl MVP in a system that he's been highly successful in?
    It's not about that. His contract is going to be tough for any team to absorb, even if he restructures. He's no spring chicken. The issue is the $12M in dead money that Houston would get if they trade him. I think in their minds the best scenario would be for him to retire or shut up and play.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I would love Johnson, but my train of thought is say one WR were to get hurt from the current starting lineup, would the addition of a Johnson be overkill? My answer would yes.

If Steve were to get hurt, you still have Torrey, Brown, Jacoby, Pitta, Daniels, and Rice as reliable pass catchers.

Not even mentioning a Campanaro, Gilmore, Juice, and or Butler/Thompson/Willliams as unknowns. There's only on ball and after last yr I understand the "never enough pass catchers" thought, but in this case its a no.

Like someone said, if Steve wasn't picked up, maybe,