Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the return game

the return game

should DUI Sams not be back there, then who should?

it was reported on WNST that Reed and Clayton are back there in practice and this is utterly moronic if true. brushing up on their skills, ok. being the replacement should Sams not be able to go, never. Ross should be the "next man up." you can not expose two of your stars to the possibility of injury like that. especially when Ross is on this team.

thoughts?

Re: the return game

I'm frightened... With our limited offense, decent Kickoffs and Punt returns are an absolute necessity for this team.

B.J. Sams really wasn't thinking about the TEAM when he pulled this shit. :grbac:

WTF is Ross on the team for if he isn't returning kicks in Sams' absence?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    WTF is Ross on the team for if he isn't returning kicks in Sams' absence?
    Exactly! I was never high on him to begin with, so if he isn't back there returning kickoffs and punts then why is he wasting a roster spot?

Having Ed Reed back there is moronic. We need him up there at the line of scrimmage on punt coverage since he is good at blocking punts.

Clayton back there is also moronic, because if he gets hurt, then we are stuck with Clarence Moore. That's frightening in itself.

Lets have Clarence Moore return kicks ;)

Lets have Clarence Moore return kicks
    i can see it now, he would wave for the fair catch before the ball left the punter's foot. then he would drop it because the defenders got too close.

ABSOLUTELY, UNDER NO CONDITIONS should Clayton and/or Reed return punts! Period! The back-up, whoever he is, should be the one...that's what he is there for! And, reiterating something I alluded to earlier, a disciplined organization would have showed Mr. Sams the Exit Door by now; but then, that's what a disciplined organization would have done!

Blog Entries

Why would Sams not be there? The NFL can't do anything until the case is adjudicated in court. That may not happen until after the season. Are you saying Billick would deactivate him? I think not.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Clayton back there is also moronic, because if he gets hurt, then we are stuck with Clarence Moore. That's frightening in itself.
    Demetrius Williams would be ahead of Moore, and possibly Darling.

Clayton is very elusive and is a play maker, he would probably be an excellent punt returner. Are punt returners any more likely to get hurt returning a punt in comparison to a WR catching a pass?

On my team, Mr Sams would be riding the proverbial pine until such time as his case was adjudicated in court, At which time his future with the team would be decided. The team may not be able to do anything until that time; however, in the meantime, Mr Sams would have time to contemplate the seriousness of his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Demetrius Williams would be ahead of Moore, and possibly Darling.

Clayton is very elusive and is a play maker, he would probably be an excellent punt returner. Are punt returners any more likely to get hurt returning a punt in comparison to a WR catching a pass?
    The general perception is that yes, they are more likely to get hurt. I've never seen (or looked) for data that proves this.

FHRaven

Does anyone remember when Quadry Ismail was our top WR and he almost got his knee blown up on a kickoff return? I would not like to see that happen to Clayton.

Two other points -- Sams hasn't been suspended (although I suppose he could be), and if he is, why wouldn't Ross be the return guy? Like Sephy said, isn't that why he's on the team?