Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ravens roster - early look

I know it's early, but I love speculating what the Ravens roster might look like. I'm not including all the camp bodies, just the guys I think have a chance of making the team. Only UDFA's I included were Hurst and Seamster.

QB (locks): Flacco
    QB (?): Taylor, Wenning

RB (locks): Rice, Pierce
    RB (?): Forsett, Wood, Talliafero

WR (locks): T. Smith, M. Brown, S. Smith, J. Jones
    WR (?): D. Thompson, L. Williams, Mellette, Camapanaro

TE/HB (locks): Pitta, Daniels, Gilmore, Juice
    TE (?): Furstenburg

OL (locks): Monroe, Yanda, Zuttah, Osemele, Wagner
    OL (?): Jensen, Gradkowski, Shipley, Reid, Urschel, Hurst

DL (locks): Ngata, Williams, Jernigan, Canty, Lewis-Moore, Tyson
    DL (?): Cody, Urban

OLB (locks): Suggs, Dumervil, Upshaw, McPhee, Simon
    ILB (locks): Mosley, D. Smith, A. Brown
    LB (?): Bynes, McClellan, Hamilton

CB (locks): Webb, J. Smith, A. Jackson, C. Brown
    CB (?): Seamster

S (locks): Elam, Brooks, D. Stewart
    S (?): Brown, Trawick, Levine, Miles

SP (locks): Tucker, Cox
    SP (?): Koch, Leone

Are there any other UDFA's who you guys think will be in the mix for a roster spot?

Re: Ravens roster - early look

I would say Jensen & Gradkowski are virtual locks as well. I can't see either of them getting cut this season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Looking at that CB depth chart, I can't believe they wouldn't sign a FA between now and camp. WAY too thin even if ALL 5 guys make the team.

Also at DL, I would say Tyson and KLM shouldn't be locks yet.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Unless Leone has only one leg I think you can count Koch as an ex Raven

I think you have to consider Campanaro as Steve Smith's replacement if not in 2015 then certainly in 2016. He will make the roster leaving the 6th WR receiver between Melette, LW and Thompson. I personally think Melette with be the 6th guy

I think Hursts leg will require more healing and he's headed to the IR. If they keep 8 linemen it will be Winston (not on the above list), Urschel and Jensen. I think Shipley, Gino and Reid are gone

Don't be surprised if Tyrod is also an ex Raven. From what I've been reading Wenning is Kube's idea. Considering Joe's durability they won't keep 3 QBs on the 53.

I think the running backs will be Rice, Pierce, Tallifero, and someone else not on that list

Cody is an ex-Raven (unless John-Paul II can come up with another miracle)

I'll let somebody else make the rest of the predictions.
    Last edited by Loyola; 05-11-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    I would say Jensen & Gradkowski are virtual locks as well. I can't see either of them getting cut this season.
    I agree, but who knows, maybe Urschel will bump one of them off the team. Having 3 backup C/G's on the team would be a lot, and cutting this year's 5th rd pick would be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Also at DL, I would say Tyson and KLM shouldn't be locks yet.
    I actually considered putting Canty as questionable. He didn't impress me last year, he's injury prone, and cutting him would save some $.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    I actually considered putting Canty as questionable. He didn't impress me last year, he's injury prone, and cutting him would save some $.
    Possibly, there was some speculation the picks of Jernigan and Urban could lead to Ravens trying to trade Canty.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

OL should be interesting cut down...Figure 8 or 9 spots, 5 of them go to Monroe, KO, Zuttah, Yanda, Wagner. Can't see them cutting Urschel, so let's call him 6. so 2-3 spots from: Reid, Gradkowski, Shipley, Jensen, Hurst, Mims, Stephens, plus any FA we add.

I think Reid is gone, but we'd need a backup OT, so either a FA or Hurst, maybe both?
    Gradkowski/Shipley/Stephens/Jensen all competing for one or two spots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    OL should be interesting cut down...Figure 8 or 9 spots, 5 of them go to Monroe, KO, Zuttah, Yanda, Wagner. Can't see them cutting Urschel, so let's call him 6. so 2-3 spots from: Reid, Gradkowski, Shipley, Jensen, Hurst, Mims, Stephens, plus any FA we add.

I think Reid is gone, but we'd need a backup OT, so either a FA or Hurst, maybe both?
    Gradkowski/Shipley/Stephens/Jensen all competing for one or two spots.
    I see Jensen as a lock. The Ravens kept him on the 53 man roster in 2013 when he was hurt, so they must think highly of him. Now that he's healthy, they're not going to cut him. On the contrary, I can see Jensen as the primary OG back-up... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I see Jensen as a lock. The Ravens kept him on the 53 man roster in 2013 when he was hurt, so they must think highly of him. Now that he's healthy, they're not going to cut him. On the contrary, I can see Jensen as the primary OG back-up... Bc
    Question is, who among Urschel, Jensen, and Gradkowksi can play backup C? Jensen couldn't beat out Gradkowski last year, but the injury obviously played a factor. The one advantage Gino has is his experience, and the fact that he didn't completely suck by the end of last year.

Going with Wagner and Hurst would leave us very green at RT. But if Jensen or Urschel really stand out at LG, then one of them could start and Osemele could play RT.

QB: Wenning beats out Taylor. This might've been different if Caldwell was still here because he'd still have the familiarity to the offense card. Now it's a new scheme and no one is familiarity to be had and Tyrod is free to go to a team that can effectively use his skills.

RB:I'm going to give the spot to Taliaferro, if only because the Ravens used a draft pick on him, perhaps if he is good at pass protection it might save him.

WR: I'm saying Mellette and Campanaro beat out Williams and Thompson. Campanaro can return punts and could replace Steve in a few years, which is better than Thompson who only returns and Aaron already won himself a spot last year, so I think he can repeat.

TE: Furstenburg is gone. It was nice to root for the local guy, but Crockett is going to develop as the #2 Tight End in the offense and Juice is going to be the new James Casey.

OT: I'm giving it to Urschel,Hurst,Jensen,and Gino. The first three because they're all ZBS guys and Gino, because he has the most playing experience out of them.

ILB: Either McClellan or Bynes, but I'm favoring McClellan because of his special teams status.

OLB: Hamilton is gone, I just don't see room for a perpetual IR guy. Double if Bynes stays.

DT: I'm giving Urban the spot over Cody. Unless the Ravens give Urban a ghost knee injury to develop him, Urban gets the spot.

S: I'm going to go Brown and Miles. Brown for depth, Miles for ST.

CB: I'm going to say Seamster gets a spot if only for depth/ST.

ST: I'm going to give it to Leone. Koch's starting to lose his leg and I don't think that a new punter will screw up the field goal unit too much.

KR/PR: Jacoby, Asa (if he stays clean), Campanaro, and Pierce. They've all done it (Pierce did it in Denver) so Deonte is out of the picture for good.
    Last edited by Sarcasticfury; 05-12-2014 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Spacing

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    ^^THIS^^

$1.83M cap savings.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi