Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Official 2014 National Draft Grades Thread

CBS, NBC, NFL.com, ESPN, funnel them all here folks.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: The Official 2014 National Draft Grades Thread

I heard Gil Brandt this morning that this draft was so deep that every team got at least a B. He made it sound like no matter who you picked you did well.

Blog Entries

NFL.COM :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...r-all-32-teams

This guy loved the Ravens draft... Bc

After drafting Urban and Urschel the Ravens get an A++ from Canada ;)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    After drafting Urban and Urschel the Ravens get an A++ from Canada ;)
    Urban could become a legend, and the other guy already has a dance named after him :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnXEPXdB3-w

... Bc

The pundits seem to love what we did.

This is one of those drafts that we didn't get any of the flashy players, so most people will say it wasn't a good draft. You really can't grade a draft for several years. It is pretty clear to me that we are preparing to let Ngata go after this year. I was disappointed that we didnt address OL until we drafted the kid from Penn St. He seems very smart. But we now have Zuttah, Gradkowski, Shipley, and this kid who all could play center. I didn't quite understand the QB pick, then turned off the draft on TV. I was very pleased by the trade to pick up the Wake Forest WR in the 7th. I think he will be great in the slot. So now we will have T Smith, S Smith, J Jones, M Brown, M Camponero (spelling), +++. The more I read on a lot of the Offensive players is that they seem to be good blockers, the TE is supposed excellent at blocking, and so is the RB. I am very, very happy about the pickup of James Hurst as an undrafted free agent. I think he could be a steal as a UDFA.

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    This is one of those drafts that we didn't get any of the flashy players, so most people will say it wasn't a good draft. You really can't grade a draft for several years. It is pretty clear to me that we are preparing to let Ngata go after this year. I was disappointed that we didnt address OL until we drafted the kid from Penn St. He seems very smart. But we now have Zuttah, Gradkowski, Shipley, and this kid who all could play center. I didn't quite understand the QB pick, then turned off the draft on TV. I was very pleased by the trade to pick up the Wake Forest WR in the 7th. I think he will be great in the slot. So now we will have T Smith, S Smith, J Jones, M Brown, M Camponero (spelling), +++. The more I read on a lot of the Offensive players is that they seem to be good blockers, the TE is supposed excellent at blocking, and so is the RB. I am very, very happy about the pickup of James Hurst as an undrafted free agent. I think he could be a steal as a UDFA.
    Plus everyone seems to have forgotten "Juice" who we drafted last year and could be a great H Back this year!

Blog Entries

Ozzie is always given the benefit of the doubt, based on his reputation and track record, so no matter who we pick the pundits presume we're a top 5 team drafting-wise. The Browns get the opposite treatment. They're being trashed for not picking a WR; the Ravens are being praised for sticking to the board.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-32-gms/page/4

Bleacher Report gives us an A-
    they be happy.

"The Wizard of Oz shines this time of year.
    Baltimore general manager Ozzie Newsome is one of the best at this whole draft business, as unpredictable as it can be.
    He lit up another draft-day cigar with his first pick: linebacker C.J. Mosley out of Alabama.
    Even in decline, Ray Lewis was an important part of that defense. His absence was felt last season, even with Daryl Smith playing well in his stead.
    Smith is no spring chicken at 32, and Baltimore fell into an excellent pick in Mosley to replace him.
    He has some durability concerns coming out of college—though he immediately declared himself 100-percent healthy, according to The Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson—but he is the best inside linebacker in the draft.
    Newsome followed that up by letting talented defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan fall to him in the second round out of Florida State.
    The big defensive lineman could be the nose tackle of the future in Baltimore. He should get playing time as a rotational guy right away.
    The rest of Newsome's draft wasn't spectacular, but it was solid all around."
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

"Solid, not spectacular."
    What more could you ask for?
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Ozzie is always given the benefit of the doubt, based on his reputation and track record, so no matter who we pick the pundits presume we're a top 5 team drafting-wise. The Browns get the opposite treatment. They're being trashed for not picking a WR; the Ravens are being praised for sticking to the board.
    Except where are the pro bowl ravens? Where are the all pro ravens?

Ray rice is the last "new" draftee to earn such recognition.

None of the high defensive picks from 2010, 2011, 2012 or 2013 have come close.

Webb from 2009 is the last true impact defensive player we've drafted imo. Kruger and Arthur Jones excelled at situational play and got paid. Kruger stunk in Cleveland, and we will see how Jones does in Indy.

If these current defensive picks don't hit, at some point Ozzie can't live off past reputation.