Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam

Re: Michael Sam

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Frankly, I'm fine with someone like you (or my sister for that matter) who says "Hey, I just think public kissing is weird" and applies that standard universally. I don't agree with it, but it's consistent and rooted in non-bigotry.

My problem is the people who say "well that's different" to straight kissing vs. not straight kissing. Fucking hell it's two people smashing mouth parts together, it's the exact same thing. (And upon describing it as "smashing mouth parts together" I'm suddenly granted insight into why some people dislike all PDA.)
    :word . . . and now you know.

(but to be honest, I don't mind mothers kissing their little kids in public)

Blog Entries

I hadn't seen the video, only pictures, so when I saw the reaction some had to "the kiss" I thought he probably dipped his boyfriend like in that famous WWII victory parade kiss picture and sucked his face for a full 10 seconds or something. Then I saw the video, and it was the most innocent and innocuous kiss I think I've ever seen. No bigs, but I wouldn't have had a problem with a 10 second face suck either. They do that all the time on HBO, so I'm totally used to it by now. ;)
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    3-0, your lead still.
    ASB is my hero today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

All of these pics were broadcast on TV or in newspapers. Still trying hard to recall any complaints. The bottom one is a marriage proposal... is Sam had proposed on TV people would be SCREAMING about the gay agenda.
    Fair enough, didn't see any of them either. I really do give a fuck tbh, I don't think the media needs to make a deal out of this at all, maybe I just don't understand the whole "first gay in nfl" thing, but to me it's not a big deal. Btw I'm 23, maybe age plays a later part in this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post

As for all the public kissing, it's kind of weird to me, regardless of the sexual preference. Guy-guy kissing, girl-girl kissing or guy-girl kissing in public just isn't my thing. I don't think it's shoving anything down anyone's throat, or anything more than geniune affection. I just don't want to see my gay friends kiss anymore than I want to see my straight friends kiss. I just find the whole PDA thing of swapping spit not my cup of tea, no matter who is doing it.

Plus, all those people are ruining some good dessert.
    :word

It makes me uncomfortable. A peck or hug etc. No big deal but a spit swapping session is for the bedrom

Blog Entries

I posted pictures of straight couples. What am I being in your face about? Maybe it's the fact that you are saying that I, as a man who is attracted to men, should keep that shit outta your sight because it's "freakish." Maybe people don't like being called freaks for having the gall to act exactly like straight people do.

When people watched Blake Bortles kiss his girlfriend to celebrate getting drafted I don't remember hearing any complaints. Sam gives two quick pecks to his boyfriend IN HIS OWN GODDAMN HOUSE and he's a freak who's shoving his agenda down your throat.

That fucking pisses me off. I am a human being. I love, laugh, live, suffer, achieve, dream, and bleed the same as anyone. But I constantly have to worry how my perfectly natural behavior is somehow going to be interpreted by people who hate and fear me for something I didn't choose. Do you think being gay or bi is EASIER than being straight? Do you think I woke up and decided I wasn't getting called a freak often enough?
    ASB, are you gay? Just curious cause i recall athread awhile back whrn some thought you were gay and if i remember correctly you denied being gay.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    ASB, are you gay? Just curious cause i recall athread awhile back whrn some thought you were gay and if i remember correctly you denied being gay.
    Bisexual. And only recently out of the closet. Actually you guys were the first people other than my sisters to hear it.

I spent 28 years denying it and finally got tired of that. That's why guys like Michael Sam mean so much to me. His courage gives me courage, and I hope by living honestly, I'll do the same for others.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Y'all were forewarned about this subject getting into a political debate. :

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If this thread gets social/political in any way, shape, or form; it will be moved to the Politics sub-forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post clearly crossed that line. It's not even close (in addition to adding personal insults to the debate):

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    This post x1000. All the talk of an "agenda" is outrageous--pure, raw, unadulterated homophobia. Let me know the next time someone ACTING OUT THE MOST BASIC HUMAN ACTIVITIES is an "agenda."

Some of the jokers on this board who are whining and sobbing over Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend need to step back and become honest about who they are and what they believe. I actually have less of a problem with people who can just outright admit that they find homosexuality gross and icky and they don't want to see it or have anything to do with it. At least those people aren't saying bullshit like "Oh, well he can do whatever he wants, and I don't care who he's attracted to, BUUUUUT...." and thinking they're NOT homophobes.

News flash: if you hold gay people to a different standard regarding their sexual or romantic behavior than straight people--you are a bigot, or at a minimum you have bigoted tendencies. You are no different from people who say things like "Well, I don't have a problem with black people, but I don't want to see them walking around my neighborhood acting all black and pushing a black agenda down my throat." And I respect people who are openly racist or otherwise bigoted a lot more than people who are lying to themselves.
    Therefore: read about it in Politics.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Bisexual. And only recently out of the closet. Actually you guys were the first people other than my sisters to hear it.

I spent 28 years denying it and finally got tired of that. That's why guys like Michael Sam mean so much to me. His courage gives me courage, and I hope by living honestly, I'll do the same for others.

Good for you. Sorry you had to hide it.

I enjoyed seeing the raw emotion of Sam when je got the call and the kiss then was no big del, Im with Alien bird though, could have done without the rest.

Thats interesting...experts on the subject say that everyone is bisexual to an extent. My understanding is that "sexual preference" isnt black and white but instead shades of grey. Do you think there were certain events in your life that caused your bisexual preferences to arise? Sorry if its a weird question and feel free not to answer, but Im very interested in this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Thats interesting...experts on the subject say that everyone is bisexual to an extent. My understanding is that "sexual preference" isnt black and white but instead shades of grey
    Human sexuality is very fluid, less multiple choice and more of a gradual fade.

As for what made my bisexuality surface. Nothing actually. I've always found some people attractive and once I learned that thinking boys were cute was bad, I just tried not to pay attention to them. Being equally into women definitely made that easier as I didn't have to deny myself ALL romance.

As society changed and I learned more, I gradually opened up to people about it. That was what changed. Not my desires, just my honesty about them.

My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    If he's smart, he will hold a press conference and get all of the sexual preference stuff out of the way, and never discuss it again. He needs to focus on making the team.
    :word

The Rams really didn't do Sam any favors by drafting him. That team is loaded in the front 7. The media is going to be all over him and he needs to keep his head on football. Tim Tebow had the same problem and he never improved. Sam isn't a QB. He's not going to get the chances that Tebow got. Right now I hope he's working his ass off and getting mentally set to play for Greg Robinson who is not an easy coach.