Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam

Re: Michael Sam

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    OWNED.

If you're uncomfortable, change the channel.
    I've never been "Owned" on an internet forum and never will be. I don't worry about what other people think of my internet opinions.. If you're uncomfortable, change the channel....

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Same way you became straight.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    I get it, but why do people even care whether being gay is a choice or not? Its like youre saying its only okay because they cant help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    And here we go with the "in your face" agenda defenders..
    I posted pictures of straight couples. What am I being in your face about? Maybe it's the fact that you are saying that I, as a man who is attracted to men, should keep that shit outta your sight because it's "freakish." Maybe people don't like being called freaks for having the gall to act exactly like straight people do.

When people watched Blake Bortles kiss his girlfriend to celebrate getting drafted I don't remember hearing any complaints. Sam gives two quick pecks to his boyfriend IN HIS OWN GODDAMN HOUSE and he's a freak who's shoving his agenda down your throat.

That fucking pisses me off. I am a human being. I love, laugh, live, suffer, achieve, dream, and bleed the same as anyone. But I constantly have to worry how my perfectly natural behavior is somehow going to be interpreted by people who hate and fear me for something I didn't choose. Do you think being gay or bi is EASIER than being straight? Do you think I woke up and decided I wasn't getting called a freak often enough?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Sam got married yesterday as he was getting drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Sam got married yesterday as he was getting drafted?
    Seeing as how he lives in Texas, and thus his getting married is against the law. I doubt it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Seeing as how he lives in Texas, and thus his getting married is against the law. I doubt it.
    I was confused by all the cake-smashing wedding pictures. I didn't think he got married (hadn't heard/read), but wasn't positive.

I posted pictures of straight couples. What am I being in your face about? Maybe it's the fact that you are saying that I, as a man who is attracted to men, should keep that shit outta your sight because it's "freakish." Maybe people don't like being called freaks for having the gall to act exactly like straight people do.

When people watched Blake Bortles kiss his girlfriend to celebrate getting drafted I don't remember hearing any complaints. Sam gives two quick pecks to his boyfriend IN HIS OWN GODDAMN HOUSE and he's a freak who's shoving his agenda down your throat.

That fucking pisses me off. I am a human being. I love, laugh, live, suffer, achieve, dream, and bleed the same as anyone. But I constantly have to worry how my perfectly natural behavior is somehow going to be interpreted by people who hate and fear me for something I didn't choose. Do you think being gay or bi is EASIER than being straight? Do you think I woke up and decided I wasn't getting called a freak often enough?
    This post x1000. All the talk of an "agenda" is outrageous--pure, raw, unadulterated homophobia. Let me know the next time someone ACTING OUT THE MOST BASIC HUMAN ACTIVITIES is an "agenda."

Some of the jokers on this board who are whining and sobbing over Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend need to step back and become honest about who they are and what they believe. I actually have less of a problem with people who can just outright admit that they find homosexuality gross and icky and they don't want to see it or have anything to do with it. At least those people aren't saying bullshit like "Oh, well he can do whatever he wants, and I don't care who he's attracted to, BUUUUUT...." and thinking they're NOT homophobes.

News flash: if you hold gay people to a different standard regarding their sexual or romantic behavior than straight people--you are a bigot, or at a minimum you have bigoted tendencies. You are no different from people who say things like "Well, I don't have a problem with black people, but I don't want to see them walking around my neighborhood acting all black and pushing a black agenda down my throat." And I respect people who are openly racist or otherwise bigoted a lot more than people who are lying to themselves.

Michael Sam

For those keeping score ...

ASB - 2

Ravenboy - 0

Pwned.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You are no different from people who say things like "Well, I don't have a problem with black people, but I don't want to see them walking around my neighborhood acting all black and pushing a black agenda down my throat." And I respect people who are openly racist or otherwise bigoted a lot more than people who are lying to themselves.
    :word

This is a long thread on a Ravens board about the 169th pick who plays for a team in another division. As a football player, he's doesn't warrant any attention. This is a political topic best discussed somewhere else. Do a goggle search and every media outlet has an article about him with thousands of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    This post x1000. All the talk of an "agenda" is outrageous--pure, raw, unadulterated homophobia. Let me know the next time someone ACTING OUT THE MOST BASIC HUMAN ACTIVITIES is an "agenda."

Some of the jokers on this board who are whining and sobbing over Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend need to step back and become honest about who they are and what they believe. I actually have less of a problem with people who can just outright admit that they find homosexuality gross and icky and they don't want to see it or have anything to do with it. At least those people aren't saying bullshit like "Oh, well he can do whatever he wants, and I don't care who he's attracted to, BUUUUUT...." and thinking they're NOT homophobes.

News flash: if you hold gay people to a different standard regarding their sexual or romantic behavior than straight people--you are a bigot, or at a minimum you have bigoted tendencies. You are no different from people who say things like "Well, I don't have a problem with black people, but I don't want to see them walking around my neighborhood acting all black and pushing a black agenda down my throat." And I respect people who are openly racist or otherwise bigoted a lot more than people who are lying to themselves.
    I agree that the "pushing an agenda down my throat" perception is very off base. But I also think its possible to be against certain specific actions that people take, without being against the actual person.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    OWNED.

If you're uncomfortable, change the channel.
    I get where you are coming from, but I get where some of the other posters are coming from too. The pictures you posted weren't splattered on ESPN for the world to see during a football draft. I get your point and I agree, but it would have been better made if you would have shown other draftees kissing their girlfriends because that's the comparison - not wedding photos (as haloti92 was alluding).

As for all the public kissing, it's kind of weird to me, regardless of the sexual preference. Guy-guy kissing, girl-girl kissing or guy-girl kissing in public just isn't my thing. I don't think it's shoving anything down anyone's throat, or anything more than geniune affection. I just don't want to see my gay friends kiss anymore than I want to see my straight friends kiss. I just find the whole PDA thing of swapping spit not my cup of tea, no matter who is doing it.

Plus, all those people are ruining some good dessert.