Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam

Re: Michael Sam

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    My point was that he can't allow it to become a weekly circus. He can talk about being the first one and blazing a trail and all, and say that's it, I am just a football player now, my comments going forward will be about football and only football.
    He can't control the circus. It's going to happen no matter the number of interviews he gives.

Blog Entries

If he's smart, he will hold a press conference and get all of the sexual preference stuff out of the way, and never discuss it again. He needs to focus on making the team.
    My point was that he can't allow it to become a weekly circus. He can talk about being the first one and blazing a trail and all, and say that's it, I am just a football player now, my comments going forward will be about football and only football.
    Very well stated.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

He did that at the combine. I thought he got the message out pretty well. I'm sure he'll continue that when he does his press conference with the rams. He seems like a very professional guy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My opinion? Why would I care about a slow, small, weak, one-move pass rusher who'll be lucky to make it out of training camp signing with a team not even in our conference?

If he signed with the Ravens, I'd want him to earn DPOY awards every season. If he had signed with Team Rapists, I'd want him to trip during his first practice and break Rapistburger's leg setting in motion an unlikely chain of events that would result in their stadium burning to the ground. Since neither of those things happened, I can promptly forget he exists.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    A lot of guys cried when they got drafted.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    And kissed their girlfriends.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I wonder what it must feel like to be gay, or how people became gay. What a mind fuck
    Same way you became straight.

My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Same way you became straight.

He became gay after touching boobs.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

I would have liked to have seen one of the Ryan brothers pick up Sam, particularly Rex, because I feel as though he would have done a better job working with a tweener like Sam.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Well, I'm an old school guy who is a bit of a homophobe. Not necessarily proud of that, just being honest. I was raised in a conservative environment where the gay life style was definitely not acceptable. I saw the Sam selection on ESPN and it freaked me out a bit. When he kissed the boy friend, it was really weird. On top of that, he cried like a baby. For me, I just don't know what to think of this.

Having said all that, I hold no ill will toward Sam, and I wish him the best of luck.
    :word
    That fucking kiss....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavingMad View Post
    :word
    That fucking kiss....
    Its was no big dea. Just a qucik peck, had it been a make out session i would have found awkward, just like if it was a straight couple, PDA is not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Its was no big dea. Just a qucik peck, had it been a make out session i would have found awkward, just like if it was a straight couple, PDA is not my thing.
    You missed the make-out session with both guys faces covered in cake, I take it?

Yeah, that came on a little later.

It was DEFINITELY forcing it down our throats, no pun intended.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    You missed the make-out session with both guys faces covered in cake, I take it?

Yeah, that came on a little later.

It was DEFINITELY forcing it down our throats, no pun intended.
    Definitely missed that. That would have been awkard for me.