Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam

Re: Michael Sam

You knew it was coming. I present Profootball Mocks take on the subject.

http://profootballmock.com/homophobi...ll-draft-pick/

The best line in the whole article is in the comments.

Donald Sterling, "You can add the Redskins to that list. As long as I am minority owner we will never draft Michael Sam. I don’t hate gays in fact I would draft white gay guys if they are great players. I just hate you cause of the color of your skin!"
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I'm reminded of the reoccurring joke on Archer about phrasing.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm reminded of the reoccurring joke on Archer about phrasing.
    Yyyyyyyyyyup!!!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I'm Canadian...we're tolerant of just about anything (beavers, the french, the middle east, poutine with whacky toppings, the list goes on)
    Poutine is probably my favorite food on Earth...

I'm with Lowrider. Man-Man PDA leaves me feeling a bit uneasy. PDA beyond holding hands, quick pecks, hugs etc does in any combination of Man, Women and in between, but even the quick peck leaves me feeling a bit uneasy. Woman-Woman, whole different story.
    It's unfair, it is however benign. It will, I'm certain, fade over time, it's simply a shock to the system. The original kiss, the first time it was shown, was very innocuous and did very little to bother me. I do however feel a bit bombarded that it is everywhere, and the "seemingly staged made for TV cake moment" was a bit intentionally over the top for me.
    It is what it is, it had to happen to get where we are going, and there is NOTHING inherently wrong in ANY of it... Not in a million years would I say it doesn't belong on TV, even over the air, free daytime TV, but it's simply something that some people will have to witness more then a few times to be entirely comfortable with, which is EXACTLY why it should have been done.

I feel a bit bad for Sam that he "has to?" be THAT GUY... someone HAD TO BE that guy... I guess he chose to, but it was almost certainly a generous choice. If it was a choice made for personal gain, shame on him, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by jonboy79; 05-13-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Yyyyyyyyyyup!!!
    Danger Zone!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Poutine is probably my favorite food on Earth...

I'm with Lowrider. Man-Man PDA leaves me feeling a bit uneasy. PDA beyond holding hands, quick pecks, hugs etc does in any combination of Man, Women and in between, but even the quick peck leaves me feeling a bit uneasy. Woman-Woman, whole different story.
    It's unfair, it is however benign. It will, I'm certain, fade over time, it's simply a shock to the system. The original kiss, the first time it was shown, was very innocuous and did very little to bother me. I do however feel a bit bombarded that it is everywhere, and the "seemingly staged made for TV cake moment" was a bit intentionally over the top for me.
    It is what it is, it had to happen to get where we are going, and there is NOTHING inherently wrong in ANY of it... Not in a million years would I say it doesn't belong on TV, even over the air, free daytime TV, but it's simply something that some people will have to witness more then a few times to be entirely comfortable with, which is EXACTLY why it should have been done.

I feel a bit bad for Sam that he "has to?" be THAT GUY... someone HAD TO BE that guy... I guess he chose to, but it was almost certainly a generous choice. If it was a choice made for personal gain, shame on him, but I doubt it.
    I'm not sure if the "man on man" kiss will ever be normal for me. When I see 2 girls kissing it kinda turns me on, but when I see men kissing my first reaction is Eeuuuwww that's gross! Not really sure why. As I said in an earlier post I have a gay niece, I have worked with gay men over the course of my career, and all of the shit on TV these days, you would think I would be ok with it. Oh well, I guess I still drag my knuckles a bit, but I'm trying.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I'm not sure if the "man on man" kiss will ever be normal for me. When I see 2 girls kissing it kinda turns me on, but when I see men kissing my first reaction is Eeuuuwww that's gross! Not really sure why. As I said in an earlier post I have a gay niece, I have worked with gay men over the course of my career, and all of the shit on TV these days, you would think I would be ok with it. Oh well, I guess I still drag my knuckles a bit, but I'm trying.
    I have a close friend who has been a best man in a wedding of two guys, and was a date of a lesbian to a lesbian wedding. Needless to say, the guy is very supportive of gay marriage etc. But in talking about this subject, he said "hey, I totally support everyone's right to do what they want to do. But I wanna see two guys kissing about as much I wanna see an obese biker couple making out."

Doesn't mean you're a neanderthal because you wrinkle your nose when you see two guys kiss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Danger Zone!
    Lana you're in the danger zone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who think this wasn't going to be a media circus, when was the last time a 7th round pick had a hour long presser?

More to come when training camp starts.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I am sick of hearing about it, whatever my views on homosexuality the kid can either play or he can't. At this point he is a 7th round pick of the Rams and I want to hear about him about as much as any other Rams' 7th round pick, which is not at all.

Please stop talking about it NFL Network.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I am sick of hearing about it, whatever my views on homosexuality the kid can either play or he can't. At this point he is a 7th round pick of the Rams and I want to hear about him about as much as any other Rams' 7th round pick, which is not at all.

Please stop talking about it NFL Network.

What are talking about? Who is this Michael Sam? Never heard of him.

Blog Entries

And.... here's what make s people tired of this topic.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...useries-704189