Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam

Re: Michael Sam

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Human sexuality is very fluid, less multiple choice and more of a gradual fade.

As for what made my bisexuality surface. Nothing actually. I've always found some people attractive and once I learned that thinking boys were cute was bad, I just tried not to pay attention to them. Being equally into women definitely made that easier as I didn't have to deny myself ALL romance.

As society changed and I learned more, I gradually opened up to people about it. That was what changed. Not my desires, just my honesty about them.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    Well, its very unfortunate if people tried to make you feel like your actions were wrong in some way. When you say Michael Sam, gives you courage, what do you mean by that? What have people done to make you feel you need courage? I understand that there are trolls on the internet who say nasty things about bisexuals, but I wouldnt think too many people would say it in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Well, its very unfortunate if people tried to make you feel like your actions were wrong in some way. When you say Michael Sam, gives you courage, what do you mean by that? What have people done to make you feel you need courage? I understand that there are trolls on the internet who say nasty things about bisexuals, but I wouldnt think too many people would say it in real life.
    People say cruel shit all the time when they don't realize that people around them could be targets of it. "That's so gay" "What a fag" "Stupid cocksucker" etc.

It teaches you to hide that aspect of yourself early. Plus I was raised Catholic so it was drilled into me early that if someone who had gay thoughts acted on them it was an instant one way trip to hell. Hell is a scary place when you're young enough to believe its literally real.

The more people stand up and say that they're bi or gay or trans or queer, the more normal and acceptable it becomes. Its scary to be the first to admit it. Its easier when I can say "Yea, I'm not heterosexual, but neither are these awesome people and they're doing OK."

My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    3-0, your lead still.
    Moved to Politics..

I win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Moved to Politics..

I win.
    Pathetic.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Wow, bet RSR never has a post like this again for a while. Good for Sam being drafted, hope he does well. I think that certain people will never accept gays or Bi's as long as they live. For whatever reason(how they grew up, religious reasons, or whatever), people still have that right to be different. Their loss, but they are allowed to oppose what they do not like. There are some who think too much media exposure is a bad thing and that's some of what drives their hatred. If they don't like it, don't view it would be simple enough.
    Have to wait and see how SAM does in the NFL. But he is guaranteed that spot in NFL history for being open about his lifestyle. Book and movie in his near future.

People say cruel shit all the time when they don't realize that people around them could be targets of it. "That's so gay" "What a fag" "Stupid cocksucker" etc.

It teaches you to hide that aspect of yourself early. Plus I was raised Catholic so it was drilled into me early that if someone who had gay thoughts acted on them it was an instant one way trip to hell. Hell is a scary place when you're young enough to believe its literally real.

The more people stand up and say that they're bi or gay or trans or queer, the more normal and acceptable it becomes. Its scary to be the first to admit it. Its easier when I can say "Yea, I'm not heterosexual, but neither are these awesome people and they're doing OK."

Dont even get me started on this. Its unreal how Catholics, and other Christian groups, have completely misinterpreted Jesus's words and the Bible in general. I'll just leave it at that because I dont want to drag this thread completely off topic.

I accept gays no problem what I don't accept is Sam's lack of smarts in just sticking it in everyone's face...no need to make a point, point already made.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I accept gays no problem what I don't accept is Sam's lack of smarts in just sticking it in everyone's face...no need to make a point, point already made.

Do you feel the same way about heterosexual players who kiss their girlfriends?

Or did it even occur to you that maybe that kiss wasn't for you or me or anybody else. It was a genuine expression of happiness and affection towards his significant other just like every other kiss that aired this weekend.

Do you feel the same way about heterosexual players who kiss their girlfriends?

Or did it even occur to you that maybe that kiss wasn't for you or me or anybody else. It was a genuine expression of happiness and affection towards his significant other just like every other kiss that aired this weekend.

Yeah the kiss was for the probably dozen TV cameras at his house...a private moment.

Way Down South in New Orleans

Yeah the kiss was for the probably dozen TV cameras at his house...a private moment.

Which was no different than any of the other public kisses ESPN showed after someone was selected.

I didn't say private or intimate. I said genuine.

All draft weekend we watched a bunch of kids have their dream come true. All of them displayed genuine emotional responses like crying and hugging and kissing their loved ones. Claiming that Sam's actions were somehow a stunt or not genuine is an insult.

You're not objecting to a kiss, you're objecting to a gay man not keeping his life out of your sight. Kind of throws your statement that you accept gays no problem into question.

I didn't say private or intimate. I said genuine.

All draft weekend we watched a bunch of kids have their dream come true. All of them displayed genuine emotional responses like crying and hugging and kissing their loved ones. Claiming that Sam's actions were somehow a stunt or not genuine is an insult.

You're not objecting to a kiss, you're objecting to a gay man not keeping his life out of your sight. Kind of throws your statement that you accept gays no problem into question.

I'm straight but I still think I might love you right now. You show em

Sent from my T0LTE using Tapatalk