Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam

Re: Michael Sam

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Well, I'm an old school guy who is a bit of a homophobe. Not necessarily proud of that, just being honest. I was raised in a conservative environment where the gay life style was definitely not acceptable. I saw the Sam selection on ESPN and it freaked me out a bit. When he kissed the boy friend, it was really weird. On top of that, he cried like a baby. For me, I just don't know what to think of this.

Having said all that, I hold no ill will toward Sam, and I wish him the best of luck.
    Shhh! Wicked will hear you! !

If "crying like a baby" makes a football player gay, then I must say this draft was "raining men..." I actually found it somehow refreshing the number of drafted players who shed tears on camera with their friends & loved ones upon achieving their goal of a shot at the NFL. Emotions are human, not male, female, nor "other"

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Shhh! Wicked will hear you! !

If "crying like a baby" makes a football player gay, then I must say this draft was "raining men..." I actually found it somehow refreshing the number of drafted players who shed tears on camera with their friends & loved ones upon achieving their goal of a shot at the NFL. Emotions are human, not male, female, nor "other"
    :word

Didn't hear any complaints when Clowney was openly weeping. So far crying and kissing are weird when I do it but ok when straight guys do. What else should I not do in public?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post

Didn't hear any complaints when Clowney was openly weeping. So far crying and kissing are weird when I do it but ok when straight guys do. What else should I not do in public?
    Urinate they will arrest you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Urinate they will arrest you for that.

My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I hear you. Crying's okay in my book. It's an emotional relief to know you've been selected after putting so much time, effort and pain into something. But like I said before, I think public kissing is kind of weird to me. NFL Draft notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I hear you. Crying's okay in my book. It's an emotional relief to know you've been selected after putting so much time, effort and pain into something. But like I said before, I think public kissing is kind of weird to me. NFL Draft notwithstanding.
    Frankly, I'm fine with someone like you (or my sister for that matter) who says "Hey, I just think public kissing is weird" and applies that standard universally. I don't agree with it, but it's consistent and rooted in non-bigotry.

My problem is the people who say "well that's different" to straight kissing vs. not straight kissing. Fucking hell it's two people smashing mouth parts together, it's the exact same thing. (And upon describing it as "smashing mouth parts together" I'm suddenly granted insight into why some people dislike all PDA.)

Don't care either way tbh, didn't even see the cake issue, but these pictures weren't broadcast on espn, so aren't really comparable I don't think. But that's more espn making a bigger deal of this than need be.
    YEA! Such a totally unprecedented and freakish display. You'd never catch STRAIGHT PEOPLE kissing or playfully having a cake fight during one of the most exciting and happy events of their young lives.

It

Just

Seems

So

Freakish.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    For those keeping score ...

ASB - 2

Ravenboy - 0

Pwned.
    Right.. I should retire from the internet.

And I defended Sam.. Said I hoped that the press left the poor kid alone and let him try and make the team on his own merits. But nooooo... not good enough for the flag bearers.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Sam got married yesterday as he was getting drafted?

How dare you...

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Don't care either way tbh, didn't even see the cake issue, but these pictures weren't broadcast on espn, so aren't really comparable I don't think.

All of these pics were broadcast on TV or in newspapers. Still trying hard to recall any complaints. The bottom one is a marriage proposal... is Sam had proposed on TV people would be SCREAMING about the gay agenda.
    Last edited by ActualSpamBot; 05-11-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Right.. I should retire from the internet.

And I defended Sam.. Said I hoped that the press left the poor kid alone and let him try and make the team on his own merits. But nooooo... not good enough for the flag bearers.
    You called him a freak and me an attention whore. Yea... you're quite the ally to the gay community.

You called him a freak and me an attention whore. Yea... you're quite the ally to the gay community.
    3-0, your lead still.