Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Sam

Re: Michael Sam

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    If he's smart, he will hold a press conference and get all of the sexual preference stuff out of the way, and never discuss it again. He needs to focus on making the team.
    It might have to be Fisher that does it.
    Kind of like Billick did at Superbowl 35 with the Ray Lewis thing.

It's Fishers team, and the team as a whole having to potentially be dealing with the distraction created by the media is more on Fisher then Sams.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Love Sam's fit with the Rams. They like to move Chris Long inside on nickel downs, so that opens up a spot at LDE for Sam to be a nickel rusher. And that's all you really expect out of a 7th rounder, to be honest.

If he gives them 4 or 5 sacks a year mostly on high-pressure 3rd downs--which I don't think is unreasonable--he'll be a huge success for them. And with Aaron Donald, Chris Long, and Robert Quinn playing on the same DL, that pass rush is now downright scary.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Well, I'm an old school guy who is a bit of a homophobe. Not necessarily proud of that, just being honest. I was raised in a conservative environment where the gay life style was definitely not acceptable. I saw the Sam selection on ESPN and it freaked me out a bit. When he kissed the boy friend, it was really weird. On top of that, he cried like a baby. For me, I just don't know what to think of this.

Having said all that, I hold no ill will toward Sam, and I wish him the best of luck.
    I'm with this. It's nothing personal or anything to mean any disrespect but if the man is gay then let that stay with him in his personal life. I've never been around it and it would be awkward for me as most have said it is in the beginning.
    As for him as a football player well if he line's up against our boys in purple well I hope they smash his ass. Other then that good luck.

He could do well (if makes the roster) on a team like the Rams since he will just be a reserve rusher.

I don't care what he does in private but the camera "kiss" was an idiotic stunt.....the dude has issues that have nothing to do with his sexual preference, he lacks common sense.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I'm with Alien Bird.. Really don't care either way.. He's in the NFC and plays for a team we see every 4 years. I don't have a dog in the fight so to say.

I really hope the press just leaves him be. Let the guy try to earn a way onto the Rams roster the old fashioned way. And leave him alone. He's not the first gay football player for pete's sake. I mean look at Kordell Stewart! LOL! Ok, I went there.. Sorry. But he was a Steeler so no holds barred.

As for the cake thing.. Sheesh. Why do you have to pull a stunt like that? You want to be treated equally, don't act like freaks.

Didn't take Long

Social media is not a good thing in many instances.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Didn't take Long

Social media is not a good thing in many instances.
    And a Dolphin no less. The Fins's brass needs to confiscate all players' mobile devices prior to training camp. I mean the guy is entitled to his opinion but in today's NFL, he better learn quick you don't make comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I don't care what he does in private but the camera "kiss" was an idiotic stunt.....the dude has issues that have nothing to do with his sexual preference, he lacks common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    As for the cake thing.. Sheesh. Why do you have to pull a stunt like that? You want to be treated equally, don't act like freaks.
    YEA! Such a totally unprecedented and freakish display. You'd never catch STRAIGHT PEOPLE kissing or playfully having a cake fight during one of the most exciting and happy events of their young lives.

It

Just

Seems

So

Freakish.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    YEA! Such a totally unprecedented and freakish display. You'd never catch STRAIGHT PEOPLE kissing or playfully having a cake fight during one of the most exciting and happy events of their young lives.

It

Just

Seems

So

Freakish.
    OWNED.

If you're uncomfortable, change the channel.

And here we go with the "in your face" agenda defenders..

Why do you all have to be attention whores?