Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Worst draft ever

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    you will be wrong.

Names like JO, Reed, Lewis, Heap, etc are only "BPA" if you have a very narrow view of what a need is.
    Especially, when the team is cap strapped like we are, you have to try and fill the need with rookies.
    It would be just as easy to form a list of BPA's that were total busts...
    This draft will need a lot of luck to make any real difference for us this yr. IMO anyway.

Blog Entries

Maybe someone ought to keep a permanent record of the posts of all the doom&gloomers from this draft, so they can be roundly ridiculed if & when their panicked squeals for immediate gratification turn out to be (as I'm fairly sure they will) at best gross overreactions & at worst about 179 degrees wrong. I wouldn't want any of the whiners sneaking back to edit or delete those posts in order to pretend they never happened & thereby retain some figleaf of credibility. If blind pigs (& I mean no offense to our fellow creatures of the porcine persuasion) can say "I told you so" when they stumble on the odd acorn, then the rest of us ought to be able to say "You told us what??" & point to the posts in question & snicker derisively when events don't bear them out. Sauce for the goose & all that...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    You can't argue BPA unless you have Ozzie's board. It's his BPA, not yours & not Kipers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    I'm arguing that BPA is a poor strategy.

The hyperbole of this thread is laughable. This draft has three week one starters and yet its the worst ever. Lmao

I'm arguing that BPA is a poor strategy.
    Give us some historical examples, then.

Blog Entries

That's right, Need, semi-need, NEED and longer-term need...

Priest wasn't Priest until Jamal came around. Rice sat a season, and CMac AND Duane Starks drafted back to back and started in the SB... Pitta and Dickson were brought in as a two for one to replace Heap. One worked, one didn't as expected.

NEEDS
    So you're calling it a need to take a CB in back to back first rounds and are only using their success in a Super Bowl run to justify it, which essentially justifies GATechRavens criticism of you and your whining about your perception of need and whether or not Ozzie has filled any.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Maybe someone ought to keep a permanent record of the posts of all the doom&gloomers from this draft, so they can be roundly ridiculed if & when their panicked squeals for immediate gratification turn out to be (as I'm fairly sure they will) at best gross overreactions & at worst about 179 degrees wrong. I wouldn't want any of the whiners sneaking back to edit or delete those posts in order to pretend they never happened & thereby retain some figleaf of credibility. If blind pigs (& I mean no offense to our fellow creatures of the porcine persuasion) can say "I told you so" when they stumble on the odd acorn, then the rest of us ought to be able to say "You told us what??" & point to the posts in question & snicker derisively when events don't bear them out. Sauce for the goose & all that...
    That's fine... and people who have no opinion for their own can just put up Oz's record and say that is their opinion because they are lemmings with no opinion...

IN Oz we trust... wooohooo

Why even join a message board if you have no opinion of your own? They make news sites for a reason...

He's holding out for those Terp receivers, next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Give us some historical examples, then.
    Jimmy Johnson's strategy was far superior. rather then sit around and wait for the sloppy seconds and left-overs, be where the value is good for the GUY YOU WANT. Target players you desire and GO GET THEM.

And don't believe the hype, Ozzie doesn't always draft BPA. If that was the case we would've drafted A-Rod over Mark Clayton in 2005 since there is no way he could've had Clayton ahead of Rodgers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So you're calling it a need to take a CB in back to back first rounds and are only using their success in a Super Bowl run to justify it, which essentially justifies GATechRavens criticism of you and your whining about your perception of need and whether or not Ozzie has filled any.
    No I'm stating that immediately starting proves you fill a need...

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Troof!