Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Our Front Seven Next Year

I am really excited about what we did in the draft this year, especially with our first three picks. We now have the right personnel to use 3-4 and 4-3 looks on defense, without any drop off in effectiveness. This is going to give offensive coordinators and QB's nightmares, and make it really hard to game plan against us.

We could show this formation on one series:

Suggs Smith Mosley Dumervil
    Ngata Williams Lewis-Moore

And this formation on the next series:

Smith Mosley Brown
    Suggs Jernigan Canty Upshaw

I dont think theres another defense in the league that has that kind of depth and versatility in the front seven. Our secondary is more than good enough to play behind that group, even if we do lack a little bit of depth.

Awesome job by Ozzie and the front office in this years draft.
    Last edited by Ravens Fan; 05-10-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Re: Our Front Seven Next Year

No one else is excited about this? Or am I on everyones "ignore list"?
    Last edited by TL24x7; 05-12-2014 at 12:11 AM.

I'm with you, Ravens started transitioning last year. All fans want to win the SB all the time, I'm happy with the last 5 out of 6 years with Flacco. Great defense means low scoring and more scoring opportunities for the offense. Season can't start soon enough for me. Unfortunately, I believe Cleveland starts this year being a problem for the division.

Im not scared of Cleveland with their best player out for the year. Not yet anyway

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    I'm with you, Ravens started transitioning last year. All fans want to win the SB all the time, I'm happy with the last 5 out of 6 years with Flacco. Great defense means low scoring and more scoring opportunities for the offense. Season can't start soon enough for me. Unfortunately, I believe Cleveland starts this year being a problem for the division.
    Not when Johnny has nobody to throw to.
    Please Ozzie, don't trade down

I think we did a great job with the defense in this Draft.
    The challenge is going to be maintaining/establishing the rotation vs. no-huddle.
    I also would love to see creative blitz packages meshed in every now-and-then, but alas that's not a Pees thing.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Our front seven will be dynamic...AND DEEP. That is huge in this league.

Blog Entries

Yes, I'm pumped to see how things shake out. Sick of seeing teams run the ball at will against the Ravens and the D not able to close out games. I am confident they went a long way to fix that.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

After having some time to look back at what the Ravens did I've gotta say that this D is gonna be formidable for quite a few years and sincw games are won and lost in the trenches, these guys are gonna be awesome...

On all three levels you have guys that read, react and get to a spot QUICKLY. With Smith, Brown and Mosley I doubt we'll be seeing a lot TE's successfully attacking the middle of the field between the LB's and DB's. It sucked something terrible watching the defense get run on and run down as the game went on.

Aside of Seattle and San Fran, we may have one of the most athletic linebacker cores in the NFL. I like it.

The Ravens in this draft significantly improved the middle of their defense.
    I would think of all NFL fan bases ours would understand how key that is to long term success.
    I love the Urshel pick...smart guy, hard worker, reminds me somewhat of a Matt Birk
    I also liked the Campanaro pick. Think he could turn out to be a half decent slot threat
    Overall this draft was not sexy but it was very very solid.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis