Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

So, Eric Winston..

...ya'all think that'll happen now? Will we wait until after June 1st, for comp pick reasons? Will he still be available?
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Re: So, Eric Winston..

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    ...ya'all think that'll happen now? Will we wait until after June 1st, for comp pick reasons? Will he still be available?
    I would think so. I read the Ravens had almost 20 open training camp roster spots available so I expect them to bring in some UDFA's as well as some vets. Even if they have faith in Wagner, Oz can't make the same mistake he did with Gino and not have any experienced vet competition.
    Last edited by JayJay; 05-10-2014 at 10:34 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Very realistic chance
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    I would think so. I read the Ravens had almost 20 open training camp roster spots available so I expect them to bring in some UDFA's as well as some vets. Even if they have faith in Wagner, Oz can't make the same mistake he did with Gino and not have any vet competition.
    Oz had vet competition with Gino, problem is the other guy sucked too LOL.

Honestly I think hurst will be given every opportunity to take the job given he stays healthy. I've read reports that he should be healthy by OTA's. If he isn't ready probably IR and get a guy like Winston. Especially since we're heading to the second part of free agency some quality vets will most likely be cut

Let's not forget KO can play RT...maybe they bring in a vet OG (probably be cheaper)

I'm interested in Winston but wouldnt be shocked if what I said were to happen too (SOMEONE CALL BOBBIE WILLIAMS!)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Winston had a rather poor year in AZ and he wasn't that great in KC either.

I'm not sure how much better he would be than Wagner or KO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Let's not forget KO can play RT...maybe they bring in a vet OG (probably be cheaper)

I'm interested in Winston but wouldnt be shocked if what I said were to happen too (SOMEONE CALL BOBBIE WILLIAMS!)
    The problem is if you keep switching positions, it will hurt the player's progression (Oher). I say we keep KO at LG and search for a RT to battle Hurst and Wagner. More than likely Winston could be the guy. A cheap one year deal would be perfect.

Blog Entries

They drafted Ricky Wagner with zone blocking in mind. They used him as their sixth lineman last year. They've already announced that he will get the opportunity to earn the RT spot and is somewhat of a front runner for the position.

You don't just draft guys to skip over ALL of them by drafting more guys the next year. If it shakes out that you find a better prospect at some point in the draft, great. If the draft shakes out that another RT prospect is just BPA by your criteria, so be it. But they didn't draft Wagner for no reason.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'm sure that Winston is at least being discussed. He's kind of stuck money wise because as the leader of the NFLPA he has to be an active player. Eventually he's going to sign somewhere on the cheap.

Blog Entries
    Sign him on the vet minimum, and see if Wagner can win the job..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sign him on the vet minimum, and see if Wagner can win the job..
    That sounds good to me.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore