Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My prediction --- Ravens 2015

Anybody wanna bet me the over of 6 wins for the Ravens in 2015? I'm pretty confident the Ravens will be at best a 6 win team. Ngata likely gone, Suggs older, Steve Smith gone, Yanda getting older, Webb maybe gone, Rice done. Perennial Pro Bowl caliber guys on the roster gone or on the downslope. Honestly, look at our recent drafts (last 5) tell me what guys are very good starters in the league than could play on any team. Webb in 2009, Pitta in 2010, Smith Bros in 2011, maybe KO in 2012 and maybe Elam in 2013. Sure Joe will still be there but since the Ravens FO is allergic to take a WR before the round 4 (sans Torrey), I guess Oz will have to pick up another 33yr old WR vet, but I know... it'll be fine (yea right). This years draft feels like a do over of the 2013 draft with Mosley & Jernigan erasing the not good enough combo of Brown & Williams. I just don't understand the direction of the team other than the Ravens FO always trying to recreate the formula of 2000, instead of evolving with the times.

This year we maybe be ok.. schedule is friendly, primetime guys will still contribute at a relatively high level. Past 2014, I'm scared with our roster talent...especially the dearth of young Pro Bowl caliber guys the Ravens always seem to have. Think about 2015.. Going against the juggernaut NFC West, improving AFC East, and the AFC North will tougher. 6 - 10 at best.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 05-10-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Re: My prediction --- Ravens 2015

We definitely are in need of a home run or two out of the most recent drafts. Obviously still could happen, especially out of this year's picks, but also last year's. And guys like Jimmy Smith and Upshaw could improve into top-tier CB and Jarret Johnson-type OLB and get re-signed with the cap space of departing Ngata's and Rice's and Suggs's, etc.

But I understand where you are coming from, even if I still think your worry is only a significant-but-smallish possibility vs. a substantially high probability.

Blog Entries

Don't worry...we are so totally set at S, DT and LB.

I can't wait to draft another FB tomorrow...

Hell lets just finish out the draft with FB, OLB, LS, P.

You know Ozzie said the board was stacked for offense but just cut toward defense. Must have been some sharp cuts. Pretty amazing in this draft to not find a single offensive player worth a third rd pick or higher except a small school TE.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Don't worry...we are so totally set at S, DT and LB.

I can't wait to draft another FB tomorrow...

Hell lets just finish out the draft with FB, OLB, LS, P.

You know Ozzie said the board was stacked for offense but just cut toward defense. Must have been some sharp cuts. Pretty amazing in this draft to not find a single offensive player worth a third rd pick or higher except a small school TE.
    Yup we got it....Ozzie sucks despite winning 2 SB's.

Not a single decent player drafted in 3 rounds

This team is gonna suck in 2 years blah blah blah blah.

Your just the latest incarnation of the same collection of idiots who cry the same tune every year.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

As long as we're looking into the crystal ball.... Ravens 2016... Elam, Brooks, Mosley, A. Brown, B. Williams, Jernigan, K. Lewis-Moore, Tyson, and Jimmie Smith are the core of the #1 NFL defense... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    As long as we're looking into the crystal ball.... Ravens 2016... Elam, Brooks, Mosley, A. Brown, B. Williams, Jernigan, K. Lewis-Moore, Tyson, and Jimmie Smith are the core of the #1 NFL defense... Bc
    Yea but as Seattle clearly proved this year....defense has nothing to do with winning championships.....
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Yup we got it....Ozzie sucks despite winning 2 SB's.

Not a single decent player drafted in 3 rounds

This team is gonna suck in 2 years blah blah blah blah.

Your just the latest incarnation of the same collection of idiots who cry the same tune every year.
    When a team drafts LB, S and DT two years in a row in rds. 1-3, I think criticism is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Anybody wanna bet me the over of 6 wins for the Ravens in 2015? I'm pretty confident the Ravens will be at best a 6 win team. Ngata likely gone, Suggs older, Steve Smith gone, Yanda getting older, Webb maybe gone, Rice done. Perennial Pro Bowl caliber guys on the roster gone or on the downslope. Honestly, look at our recent drafts (last 5) tell me what guys are very good starters in the league than could play on any team. Webb in 2009, Pitta in 2010, Smith Bros in 2011, maybe KO in 2012 and maybe Elam in 2013. Sure Joe will still be there but since the Ravens FO is allergic to take a WR before the round 4 (sans Torrey), I guess Oz will have to pick up another 33yr old WR vet, but I know... it'll be fine (yea right). This years draft feels like a do over of the 2013 draft with Mosley & Jernigan erasing the not good enough combo of Brown & Williams. I just don't understand the direction of the team other than the Ravens FO always trying to recreate the formula of 2000, instead of evolving with the times.

This year we maybe be ok.. schedule is friendly, primetime guys will still contribute at a relatively high level. Past 2014, I'm scared with our roster talent...especially the dearth of young Pro Bowl caliber guys the Ravens always seem to have. Think about 2015.. Going against the juggernaut NFC West, improving AFC East, and the AFC North will tougher. 6 - 10 at best.

I am already losing sleep at the terror attached to facing the unbeatable Cards, Rams, Jets, Dolphins and Bills. Lump them all in with the perennial gonnabe Falcons, Chiefs Etc. If you want to support your forecast of doom you have to work a little harder,

How has the AFC gotten better, at least offensively? Pittsburgh has up to this point only taken Dri Archer who depending on how you look at him is a wide receiver or an RB, but definitely not the big WR they were looking for, and Cleveland added Bitonio. The Ravens draft has been very similar to the rest of the divisions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    How has the AFC gotten better, at least offensively? Pittsburgh has up to this point only taken Dri Archer who depending on how you look at him is a wide receiver or an RB, but definitely not the big WR they were looking for, and Cleveland added Bitonio. The Ravens draft has been very similar to the rest of the divisions so far.
    Actually, I like the Browns draft although it would have been better to pick Watkins in rd 1. It all hinges on how Manziel develops as a QB. Dont sleep on that team.

As is the case every year, we will learn more about our draft in 2 or 3 years.
    I am guessing we fill our right tackle position with a free agent.

So we're predicting our team's record next year -- NEXT YEAR --without knowing what free agency and the draft will bring? Got it. Makes sense.

It's not like we won't gain players with new cap space. I mean, who wants to play for a shitty Ravens organization that doesn't know how to win