Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

48th Overall Pick: Tim Jernigan

Thoughts?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: 48th Overall Pick: Tim Jernigan

I'm pretty unhappy about it, but blah blah ozzie we trust, best player available. Can't wait to see our defense next season, because they better keep us in games.

Sent from my T0LTE using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    I'm pretty unhappy about it, but blah blah ozzie we trust, best player available. Can't wait to see our defense next season, because they better keep us in games.

Sent from my T0LTE using Tapatalk
    Yup. That's what we're really talking about...instant snaps, and instant results with these two guys b/c they were so good in college.
    It feels like these two guys are outside of the usual "won't-make-an-instant-impact" picks. They'll both have chances to do quite the opposite.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

This pick I borderline hate. Not that he's not a good player, but for the love of God they don't need any more defensive linemen who aren't bringing much, if anything, to the pass rush. Quite the opposite, they NEED linemen who can contribute to the pass rush badly.

Two picks, both on the defense, and neither have upgraded the pass rush in front of a secondary that's gotten worse. BPA or not, that's not improving your defense in 2014.

Blog Entries

I see a lot more 4-3 in 2015 once Ngata is gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Where Arthur Brown, CJ Mosley and Pernell McPhee would all fit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The Excellector, Precious Light Magic Sword of the Great King Austin Lyle Forrester, approves of the Tim Jernigan pick.

For years, posters and Ravens fans alike have screamed for Ozzie to focus more on pass rushers, as well all saw the league becoming more of a passing league. Ozzie, stuck with run defense being more important to him and the results show that was the right move. After all of those years, lamenting only having one legitimate pass rusher and zero LBs that could cover TEs, the Ravens constantly produced top ten defenses and teams could never run the clock out on the Ravens in the fourth quarter. Joe Flacco consistently had time to get the ball back in the fourth and win the game, because of that.

It is no secret that as soon as the defense started struggling to stop the run (2012), their ranking took a dive and their clutch ability began to lack.

Run defense has always been the underappreciated quality of Ravens defense, because fans never had to worry about it. Teams constantly entered games against the Ravens knowing full and well that it would be a waste of time for them to even try to run the ball.

Due to the Ravens ability to stop the run, there were only two ways teams to beat this defense: Over the top, which was dangerous because Ed Reed was back there, and with speed backs who could get to the edge, which was good for a big play or two but rarely lasted an entire game, because the Ravens would beat them up and put them out of it.

Chris Canty is not a high quality run defender and Kapron Lewis-Moore is more of that nickel pass rusher that posters are looking for. We all know that Haloti Ngata does not have long for this team. The reality is that their depth along the defensive line is not nearly as good as it seems. Behind Tyson, Ngata and Williams (Their projected starters before this pick), they didn't have much.

If you are going to have two speedy ILBs who are capable of wreaking havoc like two little speed demons, you have to keep them clean.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Anyone else see this as a Jernigan vs Kapron Lewis-Moore competition for the Art Jones spot?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I checked every thread before coming to this one.

I think I agree with Gota. I think Jernigan signals that switch(combined with adding Mosley to what we already had).

I flat out LOATHE this pick.

He's an OK-ish player, with IMO an inconsistent motor and weak stamina.
    Add to that that he is simply too small to play NT(unless he finds Kelly Gregg's lunch pail) too short to play 5 technique(T-rex arms, too) provides nothing to the pass rush...

I'd like to know the reason that Nix fell, because from the outside, he seemed like a significantly better fit and value with this pick, if they felt they HAD to go NT, which I don't. I'm ok adding a Dl, but THIS GUY???

Good thing I love the 3rd round picks, or I would be considering this a horrible draft, IMO. Mosley is only an OK pick to me, and this is one of the most abysmal picks I've seen Oz make from my perspective.

Blog Entries

Love this pick.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!