Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

48th Overall Pick: Tim Jernigan

Thoughts?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: 48th Overall Pick: Tim Jernigan

I'm pretty unhappy about it, but blah blah ozzie we trust, best player available. Can't wait to see our defense next season, because they better keep us in games.

Sent from my T0LTE using Tapatalk

This pick I borderline hate. Not that he's not a good player, but for the love of God they don't need any more defensive linemen who aren't bringing much, if anything, to the pass rush. Quite the opposite, they NEED linemen who can contribute to the pass rush badly.

Two picks, both on the defense, and neither have upgraded the pass rush in front of a secondary that's gotten worse. BPA or not, that's not improving your defense in 2014.

Blog Entries

I see a lot more 4-3 in 2015 once Ngata is gone.

I see him being a beast for us in nickel formations this year and challenging for starting 5 technique. Once Ngata goes they'll have scheme flexibility with him Lewis Moore and Williams all being good 4-3 or 3-4 options.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    I'm pretty unhappy about it, but blah blah ozzie we trust, best player available. Can't wait to see our defense next season, because they better keep us in games.

Sent from my T0LTE using Tapatalk
    Yup. That's what we're really talking about...instant snaps, and instant results with these two guys b/c they were so good in college.
    It feels like these two guys are outside of the usual "won't-make-an-instant-impact" picks. They'll both have chances to do quite the opposite.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    This pick I borderline hate. Not that he's not a good player, but for the love of God they don't need any more defensive linemen who aren't bringing much, if anything, to the pass rush. Quite the opposite, they NEED linemen who can contribute to the pass rush badly.

Two picks, both on the defense, and neither have upgraded the pass rush in front of a secondary that's gotten worse. BPA or not, that's not improving your defense in 2014.
    I totally agree, Mosley I don't understand, Jernigan, I can't get my chin off the floor....What the cow dung is Ozzie doing here....Passing up players of need and greater talent for an oft injured nose tackle that hasn't made it through a whole season without injury and only has 1 as a starter ?
    I am far from an expert here because I don't follow College football, I lean on the reports of the experts, but I can't see any good reasoning for this pick whatsoever.....Why am I remembering a guy named Sergio Kindle ? C'mon Ozzie, get us a RT, S, RB, WR, somebody we can actually use now.

Love it.

Jerningan is a nasty player with a mean swagger, probably the best guy against the run as well.
    Please Ozzie, don't trade down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post

The D will improve only when the DC improves. Drafting LT wouldn't make a difference with Pees schemes.

Animal....the guy looks like a total beast.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Jernigan was BPA and fits a glaring need on our D line. Not sure why people are having problems with this one.