Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Coin flip didn't cost us Zack Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I can possibly understand Martin, but I find it hard to believe they had Mosley ahead of Lewan on their board. I would like to know what 9 players they had ahead of Mosley if Lewan wasn't one of them.
    They didn't, they just said that...

IMO, but they make these statements every year with off the wall people that they "had off their board completely" and stupid stuff like that. it's a fluff piece.

Blog Entries

I don't know why anyone would believe what Ozzie, DeCosta, Harbaugh, etc, may say today and throughout the weekend. I don't know whether they did or didn't want Martin, but I do know they aren't going to say they did right now. You have to be awfully gullible to believe everything coming out of Owings Mills this weekend or anything that was said pre-draft.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I don't care what their board read or who they had ahead of who though. I do know that they are genuinely happy that Mosley is a Baltimore Raven and so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I'm not going to believe today how they had the board stacked last night... that said, we will never know.

But Oz or DeCo saying he was the highest player on the board, even if we were at 10, means literally NOTHING to me....
    Ebron went top-10. Okay, back to the discussion...

I don't care what their board read or who they had ahead of who though. I do know that they are genuinely happy that Mosley is a Baltimore Raven and so am I.
    Yep. I'm okay with the pick, too, and will feel even better when the draft plays out. This is just one part of the process and one piece of a pretty big puzzle. And, no matter who was rated higher, they are not going to throw a guy they just picked under the bus. What GM in his right mind would say, "You know, we really don't like the guy we picked, but found ourselves stuck with him and couldn't trade the pick away. So we are just going to have to swallow the fact that he's not our guy and wasn't rated very highly on our board."I don't believe that's the case, and even if it was they aren't going to say it. They are going to spin every pick in the most positive light they can.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Ebron went top-10. Okay, back to the discussion...
    lol... glad we didn't pick top 10 then. DET can have that bust... back to the discussion at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    lol... glad we didn't pick top 10 then. DET can have that bust... back to the discussion at hand.

It's is Liars Club both before and after the draft - before the lie is about who a team is thinking about drafting - after the lie is about why the actually drafted who they did.

Blog Entries

I can possibly understand Martin, but I find it hard to believe they had Mosley ahead of Lewan on their board. I would like to know what 9 players they had ahead of Mosley if Lewan wasn't one of them.
    Ditto. Dee's Lewan remark doesn't add up and that's what scares the hell out of
    me when Ozzie retires if Dee pushed Mosley over Lewan if he were there.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-09-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Yep. I'm okay with the pick, too, and will feel even better when the draft plays out. This is just one part of the process and one piece of a pretty big puzzle. And, no matter who was rated higher, they are not going to throw a guy they just picked under the bus. What GM in his right mind would say, "You know, we really don't like the guy we picked, but found ourselves stuck with him and couldn't trade the pick away. So we are just going to have to swallow the fact that he's not our guy and wasn't rated very highly on our board."I don't believe that's the case, and even if it was they aren't going to say it. They are going to spin every pick in the most positive light they can.
    Take a look at the vid on the celebration thread. Mosley was difinitely their guy. Cant cover up their reactions in the war room. It was Dallas that looked glum when it showed them calling Zack's name in.