Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Coin flip didn't cost us Zack Martin

A lot of us were pissed last night when Dallas took Zack Martin just one spot ahead of Ravens. Some of us blamed the coin flip but Ravens simply weren't going to take Zack Martin.

DoCosta rated Mosley above Martin and Lewan. Tony reported last week Ravens saw
    Zack as OG not OT and Ravens didn't invite him for interview, same as Calvin Pryor
    next up for many of us if we lost Zack.

It just seemed odd to some of us that Jones stuck to his board instead of taking a glitzy player. Dallas fans are stoked and saying
    what a novel thing to do.

But Ozzie had Mosley rated higher on his board and Charlie Casserly just called him the steal of the draft.

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ra...2014-nfl-draft

Blog Entries

Re: Coin flip didn't cost us Zack Martin

Since the Cowboys drafted him, Zack Martin is a moot point. If there was another QB or two selected before #16, then it is possible he could have fallen into the Ravens lap. Question is "would Ozzie have taken him or stuck with his highest rated player, Mosley?" We will never know ... Bc

I thought I heard/read somewhere that most teams (including the Ravens) considered him Martin of a guard, which is not a need since Harbs prefers to keep KO at guard. Anyone else hear that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Yes. Tony quoted two Ravens officials saying that over a week ago.

Aaron Wilson said that he was there and believes that Mosley and Martin were rated so closely by the Ravens that if both were there at #17 the Ravens might well have taken Martin because the offensive line issue might have tilted the scales just enough. In the end, however, it's a moot point. I'm sure the Ravens have adjusted their board aafter last night and will nail all three picks this evening. Not the way everyone on the board will end up happy, but nail the nonetheless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Since the Cowboys drafted him, Zack Martin is a moot point. If there was another QB or two selected before #16, then it is possible he could have fallen into the Ravens lap. Question is "would Ozzie have taken him or stuck with his highest rated player, Mosley?" We will never know ... Bc
    DeCosta already said Ravens rated Mosley higher than Martin and Lewan put together. If we were at #10 he would have been the top pick for us. Ozz stuck to his board which was
    different from Boyz who haven't been in SB since Ozzie came to Baltimore.

I'm not going to believe today how they had the board stacked last night... that said, we will never know.

But Oz or DeCo saying he was the highest player on the board, even if we were at 10, means literally NOTHING to me....

Blog Entries

The one aspect of the situation that many continuously forget though is that 'need' is already taken into consideration when calculating the board. So, if Mosley is rated slightly higher on their board, they are essentially already saying, 'even with need taken into consideration, Mosley is rated higher'.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Aaron Wilson said that he was there and believes that Mosley and Martin were rated so closely by the Ravens that if both were there at #17 the Ravens might well have taken Martin because the offensive line issue might have tilted the scales just enough. In the end, however, it's a moot point. I'm sure the Ravens have adjusted their board aafter last night and will nail all three picks this evening. Not the way everyone on the board will end up happy, but nail the nonetheless.

Ok, thats what Aaron believed but as just posted above, DeCosta said he was our pick @#10 and he rated him higher than Lewan and Martin. A lot more people would be pissed today if Ravens passed over Lewan for Mosley. Oz said he stuck to his board after talking trade for 6 mins and not getting what he wanted to trade down.

Ravens didn't even invite Martin to the castle for interviews.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The one aspect of the situation that many continuously forget though is that 'need' is already taken into consideration when calculating the board. So, if Mosley is rated slightly higher on their board, they are essentially already saying, 'even with need taken into consideration, Mosley is rated higher'.
    Just like when he took Ogden with a big and good line. JO started at G but immediately
    moved over when someone left and the rest is history.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    ... A lot more people would be pissed today if Ravens passed over Lewan for Mosley. Oz said he stuck to his board after talking trade for 6 mins and not getting what he wanted to trade down. Ravens didn't even invite Martin to the castle for interviews.
    I am not devastated that we missed Martin by one pick. However, if Ozzie had passed on Lewan for Mosley that would have upset me, I admit... Bc

I can possibly understand Martin, but I find it hard to believe they had Mosley ahead of Lewan on their board. I would like to know what 9 players they had ahead of Mosley if Lewan wasn't one of them.