Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens war room celebrate

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Great video. I like that behind the scenes kind of stuff.

And people are giving Harbs crap for that?!?! Gimme a break. That was genuine and it was reciprocated by both Ozzie and Bisciotti. Studying behavior / body language was my career for the better part of 14 years prior to becoming a stay at home Dad. The embrace wasn't expected, thus the initial reaction, but it was welcomed by both Bisciotti and Ozzie, as evidenced by their willingness to touch Harbs after the embrace.

I guess some folks just feel the need to rip on Harbs any chance they get.
    HARBs is a very religious person and even as a Daily Devotional on his desk and a Bible verse on his wall or used to. A lot of people like that are huggers in church and transfer it to the work place some times.

HARBs is very popular amongst the ranks and just about everyone he meets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ccoolahan14 View Post
    Haven't seen this yet for some reason (haven't looked that hard so I apologize if it has been posted) but Mosley himself said that the Ravens told him if they were available, the Ravens would choose between him and Zack Martin at the pick. Based on that, I'd assume that the Ravens were going to take Martin if he was there, so they were probably a bit upset that he went to Dallas one pick before (which the Ravens lost on an effing coin flip). Either way, they are probably thrilled to have Mosley.
    DeCosta said they wouldn't have drafted Martin or Lewan over Mosley if they were on the board. They didn't even bring Martin here to interview and they said he was more of an OG than OT.

As the vid shows, Mosley was their man all along.

Watch the post first round presser on BR.com

As for our coach, John Harbs is a good man. Love having him.
    He is a genuine good guy.
    John is often lumped into the same boat as his brother, but these are two very different people.

Celebrate what?? That was a bone headed pick, average at best. I was thinking more of the super safety they could have had, another linebacker for number one pick .... really?? What next, another field goal kicker in the second round, if that's there logic best available player?? I think the Steelers did great and so did the Browns. The Ravens so far are looking not so great! Plus .this linebacker is undersized and prone to get hurt. Are there any other teams the Ravens look to draft from other then Alabama??? Upshaw was the last , and we see how that has worked out. Sorry to be a drag on everybody's darling Ozzie, but he hasn't had a real good pict since Ray Rice IMO. Time to move on!

And people are giving Harbs crap for that?!?! Gimme a break. That was genuine and it was reciprocated by both Ozzie and Bisciotti. Studying behavior / body language was my career for the better part of 14 years prior to becoming a stay at home Dad. The embrace wasn't expected, thus the initial reaction, but it was welcomed by both Bisciotti and Ozzie, as evidenced by their willingness to touch Harbs after the embrace.

I wasn't giving him crap, I just thought it looked very awkward and silly. Since I've been accused of being either Flacco's little brother or Harbaugh's kid depending on which poster is sick of my optimistic opinion about the Ravens, I figured it was obvious that I was mocking from a place of love.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Oh come on, I don't think anyone is SERIOUSLY busting on Harbs for trying to hug them. If anything, it shows/tells me two things...

1. He really liked the process and pick
    2. More fuel that this is Ozzie's final draft, and thus, final 1st round move there. Emotional realizing this guy you've been so tied to is living out his last hurrah (again, rumoured).

It just looked funny is all.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Ozzie's leaving?

God help us all!!

Just because a certain writer strongly hinted at it doesn't mean it's true.

He should !

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I wasn't giving him crap, I just thought it looked very awkward and silly. Since I've been accused of being either Flacco's little brother or Harbaugh's kid depending on which poster is sick of my optimistic opinion about the Ravens, I figured it was obvious that I was mocking from a place of love.

Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by livegonzo View Post
    He should !
    Crawl back into your hole buddy.

My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Don't worry SPAMMY, most of us got your take right. Someone didn't have his
    Wheaties for break feast. You're the most loyal guy on the board. A simple thread over celebrating our draft pick turns into a war over hugging.

:grbac:

I don't listen to the spin that comes out. Last year they said they got the guy they wanted in Elam. Likewise about Upshaw. Then when Jimmy and Torrey got drafted they said the same thing.

All I care about though is that we got a really, really quality player who excels in coverage of the middle of the field. We got great talent on the edges with our corners and rushers, so I'm happy to add value here (Mosley can slide outside too iirc). I'm happy about the run on corners and receivers in the first, because it means we'll have a shot at a quality OL, DL, and RB. We can then focus on depth in the later rounds.