Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: Who might we pick in round 2 (and round 3)?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I think it's fair to say that we'll know how much the coaches love Wagner by who we do or don't take tonight.
    followed also by how quickly Winston comes here...

and... BT... they absolutely both are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    On CK, his injury concerns aren't minor. Didn't some teams remove him from their draft boards altogether because of them?
    The NFL Network reported this afternoon that as many as 20 teams have taken him off their boards completely. I don't know how they know this or if it is even true, but that's what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    are both castillo and kubiak not known for "coaching" up later rd prospects and turning them into bona fide starters?
    I suspect the answer is arguable, and they could be geniuses at it really, but I just don't think we'd take a 4th rounder or below (whoever that may be) in order to replace/upgrade a 5th rounder (Wagner). I'd hope we'd take a 2nd or 3rd rounder if upgrading is the plan.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    that makes a lot of sense there are a couple of big bodies still there IIRC Nix, Hageman, Tuitt, Easley, Jernigan
    It's going to be hard to pick Easley since New England took him at #29. ;)

Blog Entries

We still have a shot at an OT with Moses and Bitonio still on the board. I like Bitonio who can also play G and he's better than Ricky Wagner. Oz would have to trade up. Moses has work ethic and gym issues ala Gaither and Fat Mac.

A lot of guys here liked Cody Latimer too, also Lee as WRs. Have to move up for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    So all you expect is an "above average" return for pick #6 overall?
    Sure. You want all-pro but that's not to be expected given how many busts there are even with top 10 draft picks. You want someone who can tie down a position for 10 years so the team can look elsewhere for improvement. Smith started out looking like a bust but slowly, much like a cruise ship, turned himself around. To date he's had three years now of decent, above average play coming after his first two years marred by injuries. Let's say he give 3-5 more years of play at the level he's at now. That would be a decent return. If he lasts 5-8 more years (he'd be 35 in eight years) then, totally he'd be worth a #6 pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    no Tuitt?
    Oh, I guess he thinks there's nothing Tuitt... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    We still have a shot at an OT with Moses and Bitonio still on the board. I like Bitonio who can also play G and he's better than Ricky Wagner. Oz would have to trade up. Moses has work ethic and gym issues ala Gaither and Fat Mac.

A lot of guys here liked Cody Latimer too, also Lee as WRs. Have to move up for them too.
    I pretty much agree that conventional wisdom says the Ravens would have to move up to get those guys, but maybe not. Rumors are out that there will be a run on both QBs and DT/DEs, so that could push a offensive player down into the 48th spot. There are only 15 guys who will go ahead of the Ravens, so there are going to be good options there. Plus, unless the Ravens use their 3rd rounder (which I don't see happening) or a 2015 pick, they aren't trading up. But they could trade out of the 48th pick if they see several players there they could choose while moving back just a few spots. It will be interesting this evening - that is one thing that is true.

Blog Entries

Right. Ravens don't have as high to move up as usual drafting much lower all the time but it wouldn't be as far to reach either. I'd be happy with any of the names I mentioned except maybe Moses. It would be great if they can get him next to
    Monroe in the gym.

Various mocks and what we are mocked to:

Kadar- Amaro

SI (Banks)- Moses

Brugler/CBS- Su'a-Filo

Rang/CBS- CyKo

Brooks/NFL.com- Latimer

McShay/ESPN- Jean-Baptiste

I do this cause it shows that literally anything could happen. In just 6 mocks we have a TE, guard, 2 different OTs, WR, and a CB.

Kiper just said there are 18-20 players who could have gone in the first round but are still on the board. I think that jives with the depth of this draft. The Ravens will have the opportunity to get a pretty valuable player because there is bound to be a couple of reaches in the first 15 picks of the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Various mocks and what we are mocked to:

Kadar- Amaro

SI (Banks)- Moses

Brugler/CBS- Su'a-Filo

Rang/CBS- CyKo

Brooks/NFL.com- Latimer

McShay/ESPN- Jean-Baptiste

I do this cause it shows that literally anything could happen. In just 6 mocks we have a TE, guard, 2 different OTs, WR, and a CB.
    ...and there is a chance the Ravens pick none of those guys.