Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Manziel comes to the AFC North

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jimmy Garropolo threw for 5000 yards and 53 touchdowns this year. A lot of college numbers have just gotten silly so you almost have to look past them because that's not translating to the pros.
    Little harder to do in the SEC.
    I have no idea how well Manziel will be; but I do think his rockstar following is going to be a pain in the ass for that organization. Seems pretty likely Haslam wanted this guy for the wow factor to satisfy the fans.

The real test will be in the cold weather games against AFCN defenses... you better be tough and have a good arm. Flacco and Ben do; Dalton maybe not so much... JM is certainly nothing like Flacco and Ben

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I'm with GOTA on this, he doesn't scare me. Maybe he can play pitch & catch with Dennard for years to come (Yes, I'm elated).
    Dennard by the way was a hell of an addition for you guys. As long as he can stay healthy. I also like the way the Browns made a great trade and got a top CB. The Bengals, Browns and Ravens have some really good starting corners.

If I were Johnny looking at having to play Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore 6 times a year for the forseeable future, I be making sure I had my insurance all in order, a good orthopedic surgeon lined up and on retainer, and my sperm donations properly frozen and identified.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I'm with GOTA on this, he doesn't scare me. Maybe he can play pitch & catch with Dennard for years to come (Yes, I'm elated).

I'm worried only because the Browns had an excellent draft minus Johnny Manziel. Pairing up Gilbert with Haden could be a formidable secondary. On top of that they'll get another pair of 1st round picks next year. They are set up nicely going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm worried only because the Browns had an excellent draft minus Johnny Manziel. Pairing up Gilbert with Haden could be a formidable secondary. On top of that they'll get another pair of 1st round picks next year. They are set up nicely going forward.
    We are talking about the Browns, they'll F it up somehow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Probably by firing the coaches and starting over again at the end of the year. Haslam has proven to be pretty impatient

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That seems to be the way it is with fans too. Everyone seems so sure he's either going to be a bust or great.

I'm going to say that he has only played 2 years in college - one he won the Heisman and passed for over 3,700 yds. The second, he passed for over 4,000 yards. His completion rate was almost 70% both years.
    I saw him beat #1 Bama and throw for almost 400 in that game. The kid's got talent, a better arm than most think and he's super competitive. But I don't pretend to be able to say for sure how that will project in the NFL.

:word

His playmaking ability is scary, but I can also see him getting hurt. I'm not thrilled that he is in the division.

The browns are the browns because they don't draft well. I think they hit a homerun last night so I'm suggesting that perhaps the tide is turning in their favor for a change.

We used to regularly say the same about Cincy. Then they started drafting really well.

It wouldn't shock me to see the AFC North turn into a version of the old NFC East, where all of the teams regularly enter the season with a shot at the division title.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Dennard by the way was a hell of an addition for you guys. As long as he can stay healthy. I also like the way the Browns made a great trade and got a top CB. The Bengals, Browns and Ravens have some really good starting corners.
    I can't wait to see how this all plays out. Looks like you guys picked up a stud with Mosley. Gonna be a fun season.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

I just heard this so I looked it up. Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden and Johnny Manziel were all first round picks chosen at #22. Will Manziel be a victim of the #22 Curse?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nd_draft_picks
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by 2gigch1 View Post
    I can't forget that RG3, most likely a better player in the same style as Manziel, was severely injured his first season trying to run all over the field under Shanahan's offense.

And I can't forget which team it was that injured him.
    And I seem to recall another running-QB that was hurt by a Ravens defense - right, Mike Vick?
    Captain Offense