Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Manziel comes to the AFC North

Deja Vu ? In 2012 the Browns had two 1st round picks (#3) Trent Richardson (#22) Brandon Weeden. Two busts. Now they selected Justin Gilbert (#8) which I think is too high for this CB, and Manziel (#22) who I think will get destroyed in the cold AFCN... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    What Manziel needs is a good line and a quick release so that he doesn't take hits.
    But the Brownies have a good line. If Manziel develops some discipline to get the ball out – and Junior Shanny might be the guy to give it to him – then he'll be two for two on those "needs".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    My nightmare scenario, Brownies get Manziel with their lower pick, #22. I think Kyle Shanny is one of the few offensive coordinators who will use him correctly.

Life in the AFC North just got harder – not for this year necessarily, but for the future. Browns played this perfectly, letting him come to them.

This sucks. I don't know how to live in a world where the Brownies are savvy in the draft, and have a dangerous QB.
    Would feel awesome right now if I were a trolling browns fan after reading this post.

I wonder if our home opener vs Manziel will be on national TV now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Unless he learns to stay in the pocket, NO DOUBT! He won't be able to do what he did best in college for Grieveland. His learning curve will be slow, even w/o injuries.

Now Cincy taking Dennard is going to make trouble for us before too long.
    This is my greatest concern as well.

I get that getting the extra first rounder next year is nice.

Watkins though IMO is a guy who is an absolute stud. I think he will be an elite receiver in the NFL. They should have taken him there IMO. You dont get many opportunities to draft a guy like that.

They still could easily have moved up to take Manziel. Difference is that JFF would have a decent crew of receivers to throw to.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Only thing going for him is that they have gordon. So he can continue to focus in on one guy then run around until he gets open or himself gets crushed. Factory of sadness continues business as usual in my opinion. 3 top defenses just started salivating.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

The dennard pick is scariest to me. I think shazier was way early. Decent player but at 15 youre expecting an immediate impact and I dont think hes that player. They would have been better with dennard as well.
    -JAB

Shannahan's offense got RGIII killed in less than 1 season and he is, or was waster than JF and has a better arm. Maybe his a good fit, but it's the Browns. I have more faith in the Browns sucking than I do in Manzeil's talent.

Blog Entries

I heard during the week that 20 personnel people were asked about Manziel. 12 thought he would be a complete bust. 8 thought he could be great. No one was on the fence. Everyone is going to be in one camp or another with this guy. I'm firmly in the bust camp which is why I'm thrilled he went to the Browns but I can understand someone who takes the other side of that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I wonder if our home opener vs Manziel will be on national TV now.
    Unless he's traded to the Bungles between now and September, I doubt it!

Why does everyone seem to be thinking we open against Cleveland instead of Cinci, when it's week 3 we play them, and on the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    Unless he's traded to the Bungles between now and September, I doubt it!

Why does everyone seem to be thinking we open against Cleveland instead of Cinci, when it's week 3 we play them, and on the road?
    Yeah.. I wondered that last night too.. Although one of the guys on NFLN (I think) said he opened against "The Ravens". Knew that was wrong.