Page 1 of 213 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Free Agency Thread

Found this on another board and thought it was worthy for here. Personally, I just don't think the FO likes Nicks or Britt having passed over them for Oher who is soon to depart. They never liked them and never will. There's some other ones that might help. Anyone like these names or add some to the list.

At wideout in free agency, Jeremy Maclin, Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt, Maclin is coming off of an ACL tear, are any of these wideouts a better option than Jacoby Jones, or could they be had for a contract that would not preclude Jones from being retained?

A name that has been floating around at free safety is Jairus Byrd. Will the Ravens make a run at the free safety? Byrd would likely be asking for a high end contract.

At corner Brent Grimes has been playing very well for the Fins, and could help bolster our cornerback corps.

We could always use a defensive tackle at a good value in the rotation. Arthur Jones and Terrence Cody are both free agents. Cody could be retained at a modest contract, or could another free agent be had to shore up the defensive line, such as Miami's Paul Soliai?

Does anyone have any other players in mind that might be good additions to our roster?

Re: Anyone interested in these FAs?

We have to sign a WR or two. It is IMPERATIVE to get Joe some weapons. I can see this being a very offensive-based offseason.

We have no money for FA's

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Calvert View Post
    We have no money for FA's

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    We say this every year, yet we signed Canty, Dumervil, Huff and Spears to multi-year deals last offseason. If there is a player the front office wants to sign, they usually find a way to do so.

Blog Entries

I want protection for Joe first. We need to sure up the inside of the OL and RT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    We say this every year, yet we signed Canty, Dumervil, Huff and Spears to multi-year deals last offseason. If there is a player the front office wants to sign, they usually find a way to do so.
    It is not that we don't have money. It more that other teams have a lot more money than us.

We need to take care of our own first, most notably Pitta and Arthur Jones. I don't think both of them will be retained, I feel there has to be a concerted effort to try.

Blog Entries

Holy crap

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Found this on another board and thought it was worthy for here. Personally, I just don't think the FO likes Nicks or Britt having passed over them for Oher who is soon to depart. They never liked them and never will. There's some other ones that might help. Anyone like these names or add some to the list.
    I agree.

I don't think Nicks or Britt will ever become Ravens, and it won't be because they aren't interested in us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Holy crap
    so excited he missed I posted this on the wrong thread

11. Re: Anyone interested in these FAs?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    We have to sign a WR or two. It is IMPERATIVE to get Joe some weapons. I can see this being a very offensive-based offseason.
    Won't matter much if our coaches don't scheme to get the most out of their talent.

Way our offense is designed, we need a Brandon Marshall/Alshon Jeffrey or Roddy White/Julio Jones tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Won't matter much if our coaches don't scheme to get the most out of their talent.

Way our offense is designed, we need a Brandon Marshall/Alshon Jeffrey or Roddy White/Julio Jones tandem.
    Great point. The thing is, there is talent here with Torrey, Rice and a real find in Marlon. But we need more ingenuity to get the most out of them. We have the most boring offense that I can remember watching.