Angry Where was D. Williams and 3 WR sets?

I was at the game and saw no more than 3 formations having 3 WRs. Why was D. Williams on the sideline for most of the game?

I am so sick of the way Billick calls games. And please save the standard response of "but we won the game right?". Billick stinks in the redzone and we still run one of the most vanilla offenses in the league.

He took zero shots down field vs AZ......ZERO.

FM

Re: Where was D. Williams and 3 WR sets?

I saw far more than 3. I saw a lot more.

And I also saw a deep ball to D. Williams that he caught. The one he got the penalty on. Where were you?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

there was no deep ball to Williams on the side line... that was like 20 yards.

I have to disagree on the 3 WR sets. Heap split out does not equal that kind of formation. I saw DVD in there a few times, but overall there were very few3 WR sets.

FM

Are you sure fan? I saw Clayton, Mason, D-Will sets a lot yesterday. Definitely more than 3 times.

I don't have the game tape in front of me, but I don't recall seeing many 3 WR sets. I was looking for them specifally all day and esp after the one jump ball DW caught in the first half. Maybe it was sun glare, but I just didn't see as many as I thought I would.

The 3 WR set opens things up for Heap and McGahee so I am perplexed as to why Billick doesn't use it more often.

Did we need 2 TE sets more to stay in and help block for McNair since JO did not play?

FM

Pretty sure he got nicked up on that 26 yarder...

He was in every 3 wide (and most 2 wide) sets before that, and just about none after...

I know it looked kind of weird but there were a lot of 3 WR sets. The only difference is that they were not running them split, they were stacking DW and Mason. Has a lot to do with why Mason was getting as many catches as he was...Not that Im complaining...

I def noticed Mason is getting more looks and seems to be very good in the slot.

FM