Anyone Remember James Hardy?

He was the 2nd round pick back in 2008 out of Indiana University. Didnt work out in Buffalo and the Ravens signed him to a reserved/future contract back in January of '11. Disappeared pretty quickly. Looks like hes back in the news.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/05/james-...er/?adid=hero3

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone Remember James Hardy?

Hardly ;) remember Hardy

but your update probably tells me why, once the staff got the up close and personal look, he was history
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Hardly ;) remember Hardy
    I do :

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_...jpg?1173107611

... Bc

I remember him being constantly in shorts at Ravens training camp, from tight hamstrings, hang nails, ecszema, etc.

The only James Hardy I recalled until I clicked the links was a LB who played for the Jags, I believe. Drafted in the same draft as Simeon Rice. No recollection at all of this one.
    Last edited by esmd; 05-05-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

We're told Hardy -- a wide receiver who played for the Bills and the Ravens . . . .
    This kind of reporting pisses me off. The Ravens signed him in Janaury 2011 to a futures contract and cut him before the season started in the same year. To say he played for the Ravens is stretching it. Of course, it gives more fodder to other teams' fans who think the Ravens are all a bunch of thugs.

I'm with esmd, i honestly don't remember this guy. and i usually have a very good memory for even the most insignificant ravens

I would have thought most would have remembered him as being a potential first round draft pick, not so much for his stint (if you want to call it that) with the Ravens. The year he was drafted was an extremely weak class for WRs. If I'm not mistaken, their wasnt a single WR taken in the first round that year. In the weeks leading up to the draft, he was one of the names that some said could be a late first rounder. Instead he was taken somewhere in the top half of round 2.

Blog Entries

Hardy was a stud in college. The Bills gave up on him quick so you knew there must be issues. I understand why Ozzie took a chance. I thought at the time he had a good shot to make the team. Then training camp hit and Hardy was always out with something.