Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Orioles Baseball

We have an NBA thread so I figure why not have a Baltimore Orioles thread. Mods, you may move this if you see as fit :)

With that said, Orioles are in first place after a win today and NYY loss. GOO OS!!!!

Re: Orioles Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreLove View Post
    We have an NBA thread so I figure why not have a Baltimore Orioles thread. Mods, you may move this if you see as fit :)

With that said, Orioles are in first place after a win today and NYY loss. GOO OS!!!!
    I love it! I hope they real off 4-5 more wins in a row. Be nice to get a little distance with Davis on the shelf.

You just have to like their chances to win the AL East this year. The Rays look cooked with all of their injuries. The Yankees look ancient and beat up. The Jays are still inconsistent, though dangerous. Hard to get a read on the Sox yet, but they are still a very good team that should be there in the end.

But the Orioles, with that lineup when it's healthy, can be devastating, and if the pitching holds up, 90-95 wins is pretty likely. Defensively they are the best in baseball.

Blog Entries

I was worried after the slow start but they've slowly put together some nice games. Hope it lasts

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The only reason the Orioles may contend this year is because of parity in the division. 87-88 wins may well win the division. Same concerns as last year. If the starters can't go deeper into the games then Buck will be forced to burn out his bullpen early and the Orioles will struggle down the stretch.

Blog Entries

Who are the O's?

What a bargain Cruz has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Who are the O's?
    C'mon now, we usually don't start saying that until early September.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    You just have to like their chances to win the AL East this year. The Rays look cooked with all of their injuries. The Yankees look ancient and beat up. The Jays are still inconsistent, though dangerous. Hard to get a read on the Sox yet, but they are still a very good team that should be there in the end.

But the Orioles, with that lineup when it's healthy, can be devastating, and if the pitching holds up, 90-95 wins is pretty likely. Defensively they are the best in baseball.
    I think it's very possible to win the AL East with 90 wins this season with the way things are playing out. I know it's still early obviously, but you hit a lot of the points.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac1123 View Post
    The only reason the Orioles may contend this year is because of parity in the division. 87-88 wins may well win the division. Same concerns as last year. If the starters can't go deeper into the games then Buck will be forced to burn out his bullpen early and the Orioles will struggle down the stretch.
    Buck has no problem blowing out his bullpen regardless. I love the guy, but his bullpen management is headache inducing. Look at game 1 of the doubleheader the other day. Up by 4 he could have let Webb go another inning and then let Britton finish out the game. (Or you know, up by 4, let Stinson pitch an inning since they were gonna send him out after the game anyway) Instead he uses five relievers and then runs 4 of them out there again in the later game. There's no reason to burn up that many guys.

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Buck has no problem blowing out his bullpen regardless. I love the guy, but his bullpen management is headache inducing. Look at game 1 of the doubleheader the other day. Up by 4 he could have let Webb go another inning and then let Britton finish out the game. (Or you know, up by 4, let Stinson pitch an inning since they were gonna send him out after the game anyway) Instead he uses five relievers and then runs 4 of them out there again in the later game. There's no reason to burn up that many guys.
    Yeah I was upset at Buck for not finding a way to save arms. He even took out Matusz with I think 1 out left up 4!

If we can get Jimenez to pitch with some consistency, get healthy, and Cruz keeps cruising our team will be a very entertaining watch his year.

ENJOY THE MOMENT!! Let's hope it continues! We all love the Os; we love Buck; we love the fact that we in Charm City are blessed with two storied franchises! My question is: Why was not Buck and other Os guests of the Ravens this past season, as they were the previous year - that should be a staple, period!! Is it because Bisciotti and Angelos are involved in a pissing contest, and, if so, shame on the both of you!?!? We are Bmore fans, and proud of it! Go Os, and Ravens!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton