Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?



    Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    What do I care if you want him or not? It just seems really odd to me to call it a bluff and I was hoping for an explanation.

    Bucs: Glennon is available for anyone who might be interested.

    Team A: We are interested...what are you looking for in return.

    Bucs: Psych! He's not really available.

    Team A: Huh? WTF???
    It's so the Bucs can find out which teams might be planning to draft a QB in round 5. Strategery.
    I've upped my standards. Up yours.




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,901
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    I'd love to take Glennon as a backup option.
    Not quite as strong an arm as Flacco. but he looks darn similar in a lot of ways.
    We're not looking for a world beater, but an affordable, serviceable backup.
    Glennon is definately those things.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeDzn78MiYg




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,146
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    It would be great for us if Bucs go QB at 7.




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    Hard to say how serious TB is, or what they'd want. But if they'd actually be willing to part with Glennon for a low-round pick, I'd be all for it. He'd likely be as good as any scrap-heap vet for the Ravens No. 2 spot, as well as cheap. Question is, how does Gary Kubiak feel about Glennon, vs. a low round draftee, vs. the eventual cut of either Yates or Keenum from Kubes' old team?




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    B'more
    Posts
    88

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I seriously doubt this report. I believe this is just typical smoke screen. You really think Lovie Smith is going to go all in with Josh McCown? Sure he had a little bit of success last year.

    As for the Ravens I would rather draft our back up. I like that QB from LSU. No doubt Cam probably ran a pro style offense
    I like the guy from Pitt, Tom Savage, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting Glennon.
    He already has a year under his belt to get used to the speed and complexity of the game at this level, so that puts him further along than any of the college qb's.
    And we have our franchise qb already, we just need an adequate back up for him.
    We may have made the playoffs for the 6th strait last year if Joe didn't have to play injured, because everyone knows Taylor can't win at this level.




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    The bluff is where Tampa Bay convinces everyone that they are in love with a QB in the top ten, leading teams to up the ante with their offers to talk the Bucs out of that pick, when all along, Tampa Bay wanted out of the pick.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    587

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    If it's a bluff, it's a bluff...but I'd at least have the conversation.

    Glennon didn't set the league on fire, but he played respectably (especially for a rookie) on a bad team with a patchwork O-Line, a scrapheap RB (admittedly a talented one in Rainey), and one of his main wideouts missing.




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,030
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The bluff is where Tampa Bay convinces everyone that they are in love with a QB in the top ten, leading teams to up the ante with their offers to talk the Bucs out of that pick, when all along, Tampa Bay wanted out of the pick.
    I completely agree however if someone offers a 3rd for Glennon they're going to take it. For years Lovie Smith had to answer to a dopey GM in Chicago. Now Lovie is clearly in charge and running things his way and he's not afraid of making bold decisions.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,717
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    If it cost us a lower round pick I'd take him. Odds are we're gonna take a QB with our 5th or later pick anyway cause they know Tyrod can't come in and win for any length of time and this is his last year anyway. I'd rather have someone for a couple years who's at least started in the NFL and has some real games under his belt.

    Edit: Dude does need some weight gainer and to be in the gym for about half his day,lol.




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I completely agree however if someone offers a 3rd for Glennon they're going to take it. For years Lovie Smith had to answer to a dopey GM in Chicago. Now Lovie is clearly in charge and running things his way and he's not afraid of making bold decisions.
    I can understand Lovie wanting to do that, but I don't see a QB in this draft that I would rate 'significantly' higher than Glennon, which is why I am calling a bluff on this one. The only reason I could see this happening is, if Smith is just stuck on bringing in his own guy. However, it's not as if he was left with Kyle Boller and Troy Smith though.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,030
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I can understand Lovie wanting to do that, but I don't see a QB in this draft that I would rate 'significantly' higher than Glennon, which is why I am calling a bluff on this one. The only reason I could see this happening is, if Smith is just stuck on bringing in his own guy. However, it's not as if he was left with Kyle Boller and Troy Smith though.
    If Lovie can move down in Round 1 for an extra pick and get a 3rd rounder for Glennon he'll have a ton of options to draft his own kind of QB. Lovie has always liked QBs who can move. That's he liked Grossman and wanted to get rid of Orton and bring in Cutler. Glennon is strictly a pocket guy. Aaron Murray in round 3 with those extra picks would be the perfect Lovie Smith QB. He can really move in the pocket and has the best football smarts in this draft. I think that's the ideal situation for the Bucs. I don't see a team offering that much for Glennon but that's why I believe the Bucs would take the 3rd if it were offered.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If Lovie can move down in Round 1 for an extra pick and get a 3rd rounder for Glennon he'll have a ton of options to draft his own kind of QB. Lovie has always liked QBs who can move. That's he liked Grossman and wanted to get rid of Orton and bring in Cutler. Glennon is strictly a pocket guy. Aaron Murray in round 3 with those extra picks would be the perfect Lovie Smith QB. He can really move in the pocket and has the best football smarts in this draft. I think that's the ideal situation for the Bucs. I don't see a team offering that much for Glennon but that's why I believe the Bucs would take the 3rd if it were offered.
    Makes sense.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  13. #43

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The bluff is where Tampa Bay convinces everyone that they are in love with a QB in the top ten, leading teams to up the ante with their offers to talk the Bucs out of that pick, when all along, Tampa Bay wanted out of the pick.
    Sorry, not buying it. Do you really think that people on this board can sniff out this "bluff", but NFL GMs will fall for it and up their offers to trade up with TB? Come on now. Glennon was drafted by the old TB regime. There's a new regime in town now. It's that simple.

    They have full intentions to explore Glennon's trade value. This doesn't mean they will just give him away though. I am sure that they also have their eyes set on 1-2 QBs in this draft.




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    B'more
    Posts
    88

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    I'm not sure he is proven enough to be worth a bluff at this point but, it's no sweat off of us.
    Decosta mentioned McCarron yesterday and there are other good prospects that will be available to us in this draft according to reports.
    I like Tom Savage to learn behind Joe, because they are very similar in their play, but we will get a qb either way, Taylor is another run first bust and can't produce at the NFL level.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,944
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    If it's a bluff, it's a bluff...but I'd at least have the conversation.

    Glennon didn't set the league on fire, but he played respectably (especially for a rookie) on a bad team with a patchwork O-Line, a scrapheap RB (admittedly a talented one in Rainey), and one of his main wideouts missing.
    Now Lovie says he's the QB of the future

    Mike Glennon -- who the Bucs were rumored to be interested in trading -- is the "quarterback of the future."
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-of-the-future
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland