Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

Ravens are interested in a back up QB to compete with Tyrod.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-mike-glennon/

I'd be interested in sending a future 7th to the Bucs for Glennon.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

I've been talking about Glennon for over a month now. He would be the perfect backup to Flacco. I would be shocked if a "future 7th" gets it done though. I would not be afraid to trade next year's 5th for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I've been talking about Glennon for over a month now. He would be the perfect backup to Flacco. I would be shocked if a "future 7th" gets it done though. I would not be afraid to trade next year's 5th for him.
    True.

He has some skill, so the Bucs could definitely look to up the ante there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If Bucs are ready to move on from him after 1 year, I'd bite. He's no world beater, but he's got some skills.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

STRENGTHS Progress as a passer began to show in the final three games of the year, connecting on 65 percent of his throws for 274 yards a game, 11 touchdowns and just two picks in wins over Clemson, Maryland and Louisville in the Belk Bowl. Uses his height to see receivers running open in the short and medium ranges, making accurate throws to lead them into open areas after the catch. His long legs don’t prevent him from running a pro-style attack, as he seems able to work from under center and run bootlegs. Arm strength is certainly sufficient to distribute the ball all over the field, and he can place it between defenders over the middle when his target sits down in zones.

WEAKNESSES His average foot quickness will cause him issues trying to avoid defenders in a collapsing pocket. Tends to retreat instead of stepping up to deliver in the face of pressure -- though his arm gives him a chance to get the ball out of bounds or find an open target while still backpedalling. And while he has the arm and tight spiral to threaten defenses with the deep ball, his inconsistent accuracy and reading of coverages keep him from being efficient in the vertical game.

NFL COMPARISON Joe Flacco

BOTTOM LINE The lean, strong-armed passer performed fairly well in a difficult situation (3,054 yards, 31 touchdowns) when asked to take over for Wolfpack legend Russell Wilson in 2011. If he improves his accuracy and pocket poise in his second season as a starter, as well as his ability to recognize what defenses are trying to takes away from him, scouts just might project him as an eventual starter.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...non?id=2539275

I'd send them Tyrod and our current 6th if need be. We could easily be using that 6th on a QB anyway. Glennon is less risky then (insert random 6th rd QB).

Blog Entries

he's relatively cheap but not as cheap as a rookie. I'd rather see them draft someone who could be around for a few years

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    he's relatively cheap but not as cheap as a rookie. I'd rather see them draft someone who could be around for a few years
    Are you joking? Glennon was just drafted last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Are you joking? Glennon was just drafted last year.
    and they signed him to a 4 year deal. If he was great it'd be different but IMO he isn't. Rather bring along a guy that they feel is best fit for the system. It's a backup QB

Edit: Plus when I watch this guy I just think he's about to get broken in half. He looks so frail

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

He's going to develop into one of those guy who will dice you up if he gets protection. It all depends on where he goes. I don't agree with this move. The man can throw in any system. This is one of those cases where a Coach wanting his own guy goes too far.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and they signed him to a 4 year deal. If he was great it'd be different but IMO he isn't. Rather bring along a guy that they feel is best fit for the system. It's a backup QB

Edit: Plus when I watch this guy I just think he's about to get broken in half. He looks so frail
    Well...I hope he would fit our system because he is truly like Joe Flacco, Jr.

I seriously doubt this report. I believe this is just typical smoke screen. You really think Lovie Smith is going to go all in with Josh McCown? Sure he had a little bit of success last year.

As for the Ravens I would rather draft our back up. I like that QB from LSU. No doubt Cam probably ran a pro style offense