Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and they signed him to a 4 year deal. If he was great it'd be different but IMO he isn't. Rather bring along a guy that they feel is best fit for the system. It's a backup QB

Edit: Plus when I watch this guy I just think he's about to get broken in half. He looks so frail
    Glennon's 4 yr contract was a mandated rookie deal, we'd pay the same to a draftee this year if drafted in the same round:

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/6/12/...-year-contract

I'm not championing this move (or downplaying it, I don't have an opinion yet), but the contact isn't a reason not to do it.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Glennon's 4 yr contract was a mandated rookie deal, we'd pay the same to a draftee this year if drafted in the same round:

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/6/12/...-year-contract

I'm not championing this move (or downplaying it, I don't have an opinion yet), but the contact isn't a reason not to do it.
    understood but we'd get a hand picked guy with another eligible year on his rookie contract. I just think Glennon is far too frail but just my view. Rather draft one of the guys in this year's draft that they feel is the right fit for the offense.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I seriously doubt this report. I believe this is just typical smoke screen. You really think Lovie Smith is going to go all in with Josh McCown? Sure he had a little bit of success last year.

As for the Ravens I would rather draft our back up. I like that QB from LSU. No doubt Cam probably ran a pro style offense
    What would be the point of this as a smoke screen? What are they trying to accomplish?

It's going to take pick #79 to get Mettenberger. I would rather use that pick elsewhere.

Blog Entries

Glennon played a lot like a rookie Flacco. He can't move as well but he can make most of the throws. I'd be very interested. Looks like a great fit. I wanted the Ravens to draft him last year and you rarely get second chances in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    understood but we'd get a hand picked guy with another eligible year on his rookie contract. I just think Glennon is far too frail but just my view. Rather draft one of the guys in this year's draft that they feel is the right fit for the offense.
    I don't understand what you mean by this. Glennon is truly a Flacco carbon copy. If our offense isn't a good fit for him, than I'm not thrilled about Joe's potential performance in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I've been talking about Glennon for over a month now. He would be the perfect backup to Flacco. I would be shocked if a "future 7th" gets it done though. I would not be afraid to trade next year's 5th for him.
    Maybe Tampa would be willing to take it twice?

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Maybe Tampa would be willing to take it twice?
    Maybe they forgot about the Zuttah trade ;)

My bad

[QUOTE=Ravenswintitle;774700

Edit: Plus when I watch this guy I just think he's about to get broken in half. He looks so frail[/QUOTE]

Thought the same thing about Johnny U with his high top shoes. LOL
    Jimmy harbaugh will probably pick him up, CK is afraid to stay in the pocket. Glennon did a bang up job in his rookie year, can't dismiss that, especially playing for that team.

Blog Entries

Didn't the miners already trade for Gabbert?

I'd be all over Glennon.

I wanted him as the backup for Flacco last year in the draft. He ended up going at a higher pick than would have been prudent to use for a team with an established, reigning Super Bowl MVP at the QB position, but he's proven to be a decent player at the NFL level.

I don't know what his value is now...if I was a team with a mediocre option (or no one) at QB, I'd take Glennon over all the top guys in this draft.

If we could get it done for anything in the 4th round or lower (or a combination of lower picks) I would be VERY happy to add Glennon behind Flacco.

Well Glennon was the best QB of the 2013 Draft (not saying much) so he's certainly got that in his favor,however what he doesn't have in his favor is that he was fairly inconsistent during that stretch.

Blog Entries

I'm with the poster who is skeptical as to whether or not this is serious. Glennon isn't costing Tampa Bay much in the grand scheme of things.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore