Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm with the poster who is skeptical as to whether or not this is serious. Glennon isn't costing Tampa Bay much in the grand scheme of things.
    agreed and they don't have many options there... it's a bluff

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They might be poised to take a guy high in this draft.

New staff, new QB.
    MCCown is a short termer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm with the poster who is skeptical as to whether or not this is serious. Glennon isn't costing Tampa Bay much in the grand scheme of things.
    I asked this of the poster who originally stated this and didn't get an answer, so I'll ask you two:

Who are they bluffing with this? What would be their end game in putting false info out there about Glennon? This somehow being a "bluff" makes zero sense to me. I just don't see anyway they could possibly benefit from it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I seriously doubt this report. I believe this is just typical smoke screen. You really think Lovie Smith is going to go all in with Josh McCown? Sure he had a little bit of success last year.

As for the Ravens I would rather draft our back up. I like that QB from LSU. No doubt Cam probably ran a pro style offense
    I think Lovie is going to draft a QB at pick 7 or maybe higher.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    I asked this of the poster who originally stated this and didn't get an answer, so I'll ask you two:

Who are they bluffing with this? What would be their end game in putting false info out there about Glennon? This somehow being a "bluff" makes zero sense to me. I just don't see anyway they could possibly benefit from it.
    The story was put out by ESPN - not the Bucs. There may be something to it, who knows. Can't believe much right now...

I still don't want him, it's clear that you do.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The story was put out by ESPN - not the Bucs. There may be something to it, who knows. Can't believe much right now...

I still don't want him, it's clear that you do.
    What do I care if you want him or not? It just seems really odd to me to call it a bluff and I was hoping for an explanation.

Bucs: Glennon is available for anyone who might be interested.

Team A: We are interested...what are you looking for in return.

Bucs: Psych! He's not really available.

Team A: Huh? WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    What do I care if you want him or not? It just seems really odd to me to call it a bluff and I was hoping for an explanation.

Bucs: Glennon is available for anyone who might be interested.

Team A: We are interested...what are you looking for in return.

Bucs: Psych! He's not really available.

Team A: Huh? WTF???
    It's so the Bucs can find out which teams might be planning to draft a QB in round 5. Strategery.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

I'd love to take Glennon as a backup option.
    Not quite as strong an arm as Flacco. but he looks darn similar in a lot of ways.
    We're not looking for a world beater, but an affordable, serviceable backup.
    Glennon is definately those things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeDzn78MiYg

Blog Entries

It would be great for us if Bucs go QB at 7.

Hard to say how serious TB is, or what they'd want. But if they'd actually be willing to part with Glennon for a low-round pick, I'd be all for it. He'd likely be as good as any scrap-heap vet for the Ravens No. 2 spot, as well as cheap. Question is, how does Gary Kubiak feel about Glennon, vs. a low round draftee, vs. the eventual cut of either Yates or Keenum from Kubes' old team?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I seriously doubt this report. I believe this is just typical smoke screen. You really think Lovie Smith is going to go all in with Josh McCown? Sure he had a little bit of success last year.

As for the Ravens I would rather draft our back up. I like that QB from LSU. No doubt Cam probably ran a pro style offense
    I like the guy from Pitt, Tom Savage, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting Glennon.
    He already has a year under his belt to get used to the speed and complexity of the game at this level, so that puts him further along than any of the college qb's.
    And we have our franchise qb already, we just need an adequate back up for him.
    We may have made the playoffs for the 6th strait last year if Joe didn't have to play injured, because everyone knows Taylor can't win at this level.

Blog Entries

The bluff is where Tampa Bay convinces everyone that they are in love with a QB in the top ten, leading teams to up the ante with their offers to talk the Bucs out of that pick, when all along, Tampa Bay wanted out of the pick.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore