Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Bucs shopping Mike Glennon?

If it's a bluff, it's a bluff...but I'd at least have the conversation.

Glennon didn't set the league on fire, but he played respectably (especially for a rookie) on a bad team with a patchwork O-Line, a scrapheap RB (admittedly a talented one in Rainey), and one of his main wideouts missing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The bluff is where Tampa Bay convinces everyone that they are in love with a QB in the top ten, leading teams to up the ante with their offers to talk the Bucs out of that pick, when all along, Tampa Bay wanted out of the pick.
    I completely agree however if someone offers a 3rd for Glennon they're going to take it. For years Lovie Smith had to answer to a dopey GM in Chicago. Now Lovie is clearly in charge and running things his way and he's not afraid of making bold decisions.

Blog Entries

If it cost us a lower round pick I'd take him. Odds are we're gonna take a QB with our 5th or later pick anyway cause they know Tyrod can't come in and win for any length of time and this is his last year anyway. I'd rather have someone for a couple years who's at least started in the NFL and has some real games under his belt.

Edit: Dude does need some weight gainer and to be in the gym for about half his day,lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I completely agree however if someone offers a 3rd for Glennon they're going to take it. For years Lovie Smith had to answer to a dopey GM in Chicago. Now Lovie is clearly in charge and running things his way and he's not afraid of making bold decisions.
    I can understand Lovie wanting to do that, but I don't see a QB in this draft that I would rate 'significantly' higher than Glennon, which is why I am calling a bluff on this one. The only reason I could see this happening is, if Smith is just stuck on bringing in his own guy. However, it's not as if he was left with Kyle Boller and Troy Smith though.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I can understand Lovie wanting to do that, but I don't see a QB in this draft that I would rate 'significantly' higher than Glennon, which is why I am calling a bluff on this one. The only reason I could see this happening is, if Smith is just stuck on bringing in his own guy. However, it's not as if he was left with Kyle Boller and Troy Smith though.
    If Lovie can move down in Round 1 for an extra pick and get a 3rd rounder for Glennon he'll have a ton of options to draft his own kind of QB. Lovie has always liked QBs who can move. That's he liked Grossman and wanted to get rid of Orton and bring in Cutler. Glennon is strictly a pocket guy. Aaron Murray in round 3 with those extra picks would be the perfect Lovie Smith QB. He can really move in the pocket and has the best football smarts in this draft. I think that's the ideal situation for the Bucs. I don't see a team offering that much for Glennon but that's why I believe the Bucs would take the 3rd if it were offered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If Lovie can move down in Round 1 for an extra pick and get a 3rd rounder for Glennon he'll have a ton of options to draft his own kind of QB. Lovie has always liked QBs who can move. That's he liked Grossman and wanted to get rid of Orton and bring in Cutler. Glennon is strictly a pocket guy. Aaron Murray in round 3 with those extra picks would be the perfect Lovie Smith QB. He can really move in the pocket and has the best football smarts in this draft. I think that's the ideal situation for the Bucs. I don't see a team offering that much for Glennon but that's why I believe the Bucs would take the 3rd if it were offered.
    Makes sense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The bluff is where Tampa Bay convinces everyone that they are in love with a QB in the top ten, leading teams to up the ante with their offers to talk the Bucs out of that pick, when all along, Tampa Bay wanted out of the pick.
    Sorry, not buying it. Do you really think that people on this board can sniff out this "bluff", but NFL GMs will fall for it and up their offers to trade up with TB? Come on now. Glennon was drafted by the old TB regime. There's a new regime in town now. It's that simple.

They have full intentions to explore Glennon's trade value. This doesn't mean they will just give him away though. I am sure that they also have their eyes set on 1-2 QBs in this draft.

I'm not sure he is proven enough to be worth a bluff at this point but, it's no sweat off of us.
    Decosta mentioned McCarron yesterday and there are other good prospects that will be available to us in this draft according to reports.
    I like Tom Savage to learn behind Joe, because they are very similar in their play, but we will get a qb either way, Taylor is another run first bust and can't produce at the NFL level.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    If it's a bluff, it's a bluff...but I'd at least have the conversation.

Glennon didn't set the league on fire, but he played respectably (especially for a rookie) on a bad team with a patchwork O-Line, a scrapheap RB (admittedly a talented one in Rainey), and one of his main wideouts missing.
    Now Lovie says he's the QB of the future :)

Mike Glennon -- who the Bucs were rumored to be interested in trading -- is the "quarterback of the future."
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-of-the-future

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!