Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Who Do You Think Will Bust in This Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He was better before Mario Williams got there... has been a stud since his rookie year.

Now if you want to call him "the exception" that's fine... but he has absolutely been on e of the better interior Dlinemen in football since his arrival. A couple other Bama defenders have been "fine" or "ok" but most have disappointed, you are correct.
    Their Offensive Linemen however, have been studs, just as advertised. (I know you said defenders, just pointing that out).
    And Eddie Lacy and Julio Jones sure seem legit. :)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The "bust potential" is coming almost exclusively from the fact that he plays for Saban in Bama.
    Bama defenders coached by Saban have been disappointing. He is a true QUALITY NFL level DB coach. DB's have been explained to be near their peak as many NFL DB coaches will teach them nothing, as Saban is the better coach.

IF HAHA isn't a ballhawk, then there are NONE in the draft. He's the absolute closets thing in the entire draft to a true center fielding ballhawk.
    Haha and Ward. No doubt.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If you want a true ballhawk you take Jimmie Ward. IMO he would be the top safety on the board if he was 2 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier. Ward's frame is the major concern and I think some people may have concerns of where he can play because of how NIU used him (more near the box). What I saw though was a guy who is extremely versatile. He's the best man cover safety in this class, has great instincts, is a solid/aggressive tackler who's pretty adept at avoiding blocks, and he takes the best angles in coverage of this class. You give him a few years in the NFL and he'll have the same python arms Ed Reed had and there will be no more concerns about his frame. Not comparing them both but Ward will be a hell of safety in the NFL who can do everything you ask.

And back to the topic of the thread lol. I think Dix will be a good NFL safety but will not be as good as others that have been drafted in the same area of the 1st. I do also think the Alabama bust theory is overdone, mostly because a lot of guys still have time to prove their worth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    If you want a true ballhawk you take Jimmie Ward. IMO he would be the top safety on the board if he was 2 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier. Ward's frame is the major concern and I think some people may have concerns of where he can play because of how NIU used him (more near the box). What I saw though was a guy who is extremely versatile. He's the best man cover safety in this class, has great instincts, is a solid/aggressive tackler who's pretty adept at avoiding blocks, and he takes the best angles in coverage of this class. You give him a few years in the NFL and he'll have the same python arms Ed Reed had and there will be no more concerns about his frame. Not comparing them both but Ward will be a hell of safety in the NFL who can do everything you ask.

And back to the topic of the thread lol. I think Dix will be a good NFL safety but will not be as good as others that have been drafted in the same area of the 1st. I do also think the Alabama bust theory is overdone, mostly because a lot of guys still have time to prove their worth.
    Not disagreeing with your assessment on Ward, but there is no way (IMO) that Ozzie would take him @ #17.
    A trade down in round 1 or a trade up in round 2 may get it done... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Not disagreeing with your assessment on Ward, but there is no way (IMO) that Ozzie would take him @ #17.
    A trade down in round 1 or a trade up in round 2 may get it done... Bc
    The talk of Ward being a 1st rounder has increased substantially the last week or so. I have seen him linked to GB at #21, KC at #23 and yes...the Ravens at #17. If Ozzie loves him as much as some (including myself) and feels we need to take him at #17, I will be far from disappointed. Some players just have "it" and Ward is one of those players. He is going to be a great player in this league.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    And Eddie Lacy and Julio Jones sure seem legit. :)
    Yeah, why do people keep failing to mention Julio Jones?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yeah, why do people keep failing to mention Julio Jones?
    Because they are talking about bama defenders. Julio plays offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    The talk of Ward being a 1st rounder has increased substantially the last week or so. I have seen him linked to GB at #21, KC at #23 and yes...the Ravens at #17. If Ozzie loves him as much as some (including myself) and feels we need to take him at #17, I will be far from disappointed. Some players just have "it" and Ward is one of those players. He is going to be a great player in this league.
    Yeah, on ESPN and NFL more than half the mocks have us taking Ward at 17. Not sure the value is there though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Yeah, on ESPN and NFL more than half the mocks have us taking Ward at 17. Not sure the value is there though.
    IMO it isn't. Trade down and pick him (?) perhaps, but not @ 17... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Because they are talking about bama defenders. Julio plays offense.
    That could be it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Kelvin Benjamin

I dislike his consistency and his attitude

Talked about as a 1st rounder, I wouldn't take him even in the 3rd

I think Pittsburgh will take him in the 2nd and the talking heads in the media will say great value but I won't.
    Last edited by Irish Raven; 05-05-2014 at 01:58 AM.