Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft Take 2 - Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    Rams certainly underachieved on offense, that's for sure, but they've been adding supposed playmakers in the last 3 drafts. Plus, they signed Kenny Britt this offseason, though god knows what they'll get from him. Austin, Bailey, Pettis, Quick, Givens and Britt. That's a lot of guys to figure out how to get the ball to. They need to get more creative, especially with Austin, and protect Bradford better, which Robinson would certainly help with imo. Maybe they should just run West Virginia's old offense. In this scenario, I'd be shocked if they didn't go S, maybe CB. Ha Ha or Pryor, Dennard or Fuller. I'd still go with Ha Ha.
    Yeah, any of the top DB's make total sense.

Maybe we should change the time allotted to 6 hours soon. I don't think we're gonna finish by Thursday with the 12 hour time limit.

Also, Bears and bmorecareful have been on the clock for about 5.5 hours now.

So I might not be around much tomorrow but I know who I am going to pick for the Ravens, who should I send my pick to just in case?

Quote Originally Posted by kris21054 View Post
    So I might not be around much tomorrow but I know who I am going to pick for the Ravens, who should I send my pick to just in case?
    With three picks to go before the Ravens, you should send a list of 4 players to runrayrun27.
    Last edited by OhThePossibilities; 05-02-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Ill pick for Seahawks if no one has them.

If bmorecareful doesn't show up later this morning we need to make the Bears pick. Their advertised needs are DT, S, CB and LB. They are said to be pretty happy with their offense. The problem in this scenario is that I believe their preferred choices at the 1st 3 positions would be gone. That would be Donald or Nix, Ha Ha and Gilbert, but who knows for sure?

At DT Hageman and Jernigan make some sense, but this seems a little high for them, although QB's not being picked is pushing everyone up the board a little. Btw, that's how I could see the real draft going too.

It would seem that Pryor at S would be a fit, as they currently have Anthony Walters and Chris Conte at those spots. This would make safeties consecutive picks in our draft, not that it matters.

Their corners are decent, but Tillman is 33. So you could make a case for Fuller or Dennard.

At LB, with their tradition of standout MLB's, I could see them taking Mosley. However, they did invest their 2nd and 3rd last year in Bostic and Greene, though they are supposedly not so happy with their development. Briggs is also getting older.

I guess, all things considered, I'd go Pryor if the draft fell this way, which probably wouldn't thrill some Ravens fans, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Last edited by Igotstoknow; 05-03-2014 at 05:11 AM.

Blog Entries

When I look at the Bears. I see them needing the best in the box strong safety around. Ray Rice was able to get 100 rushing on them last year and he didn't come close to that against any other defense. Just think abut how bad their run defense was. Calvin Prior is that guy, He's not big but he can hit and he can tackle.

Blog Entries

Lets just wait for a 3rd person to confirm it. I have the Steelers pick so we won't have to wait for that one and should get back on schedule

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Lets just wait for a 3rd person to confirm it. I have the Steelers pick so we won't have to wait for that one and should get back on schedule
    Fine with me. I'll delete the post. I was mostly thinking of you waiting around, but if you're ok, that's fine with me. I have to get going though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    Fine with me. I'll delete the post. I was mostly thinking of you waiting around, but if you're ok, that's fine with me. I have to get going though.
    That's fine. It's still early morning here so I have time.

Sorry guys for my lateness. With the 14th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select Darqueze Dennard - CB - Michigan State

Blog Entries

The Pittsburgh Steelers with the 15th pick select CJ Mosley - ILB Alabama

The Steelers defense is in a real transition. They need a NT and at least 1 CB in this draft. The best of those positions are already gone. They could go with the some other options at those positions but would probably trade down to get them. Instead they are going to fill another need and pick a 3 down ILB who can play next to Timmons and potentially make that one of the best linebacking corps in the NFL. Mosley gives them the range and coverage ability that they just haven't had since the days of Timmons and Farrior in the middle.