Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft Take 2 - Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Smart pick. Honestly I don't see anyone offering that much to trade up. Mack is too close to Clowney and none of the QBs are worth it. I see the Texans taking Clowney since Mack is not as natural in a 3-4.
    I actually like Mack more than Clowney, but I think this is the safest pick for the Texans. The top QB IMO is either Bortles or Manziel and I just dont see the value at #1.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I actually like Mack more than Clowney, but I think this is the safest pick for the Texans. The top QB IMO is either Bortles or Manziel and I just dont see the value at #1.
    I like Mack better too because the talent isn't that far off and his attitude is a lot better. I've just heard enough questions about what he'd do in a 3-4 to make me think the Texans won't draft him. Romeo Crennel is their DC. Clowney gives him a ton of options with JJ Watt.

I believe that Sam Bradford deserves one more season at the helm to prove his worth. The cap implications of his deal this year vs. next plays a strong role in leading me to believe that. However, I will focus this draft on making sure he has no excuses for failure.

To do this, and compete in the NFC west in general, I am going to need a running game. So here I turn to a mauling run grader who has the highest ceiling of any player not named Clowney despite being somewhat unproven in pass pro.

With the 2nd pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select...... Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

Jags are on the clock.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    I believe that Sam Bradford deserves one more season at the helm to prove his worth. The cap implications of his deal this year vs. next plays a strong role in leading me to believe that. However, I will focus this draft on making sure he has no excuses for failure.

To do this, and compete in the NFC west in general, I am going to need a running game. So here I turn to a mauling run grader who has the highest ceiling of any player not named Clowney despite being somewhat unproven in pass pro.

With the 2nd pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select...... Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
    Good pick, especially considering that Long could be a cap casualty in 2015.

Oh, what the hell - give me the Chiefs

7. Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft Take 2 - Draft Thread

The Jaguars could go in multiple directions here...QB, WR, LB OT are all pressing needs and they have their pick of all of the potential scenarios.

As much as a QB helps the Jags I don't believe the Jags believe any of the QB's are worthy of the 3rd pick.

WR could help the Jags here as Sammy Watkins could help. Cecil Shorts and Mike Brown are decent pieces. Blackmon when he isn't going Panama Red in everyone is a solid #1. Think the Jags look at the WR depth here and wait.

OT....Matthews or Lewan? They just drafted Jockel last year could they go back to back lineman in consecutive drafts? Nope...

With the 3rd overall Pick the Jacksonville Jaguars select LB Khalil Mack from Buffalo.

Bradley has spent some FA dollars on beefing up the DLine this year and their LB core needs a playmaker. Mack is that playmaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice picks so far. Believeland is now on the clock. Lemme finish dinner and I'll let you guys know who we're taking.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

With the fourth pick in the 2014 draft, the Cleveland Browns face a tough choice. Pair break out stars Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron with the explosive, pro-ready Sammy Watkins? Or do they take their pick of the first round QBs available? It's too early to go CB even though that might be the most pressing need.

In the end they say if you think a guy is a franchise QB, you take him where you can get him. Banking on being able to get a starting receiver or corner at 26, the Browns decide to grab THEIR guy here. With the 4th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select Blake Bortles, quarterback UCF.

I was tempted to go Johnny Football here, but this is the AFC North, and I don't see Manziel holding up to the hits Pitt, Cincy, and Baltimore would lay on him 6 times a year. Bortles will come in, learn from Hoyer for a season give or take 6 games, and then take over. I love this kid's size. I love his attitude. And I love his athleticism.

This guy is a prototypical AFC North QB, and with the weapons in the passing game in his hands, look for Cleveland to challenge for AFC North championships in 2015 and beyond.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Good pick, especially considering that Long could be a cap casualty in 2015.
    I'd go Matthews over Robinson though. But yeah, OT should be a need for them.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The Oakland Raayyy-daaa's RUN to the podium with the selection of WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    The Oakland Raayyy-daaa's RUN to the podium with the selection of WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson.
    Great pick. I did the exact same thing for the Raiders the first time around. Watkins is the perfect fit for that team.