Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 334
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,252

    Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?



    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    What exactly is the US law regarding racism? Racism is a criminal offence in the UK and I'm surprised to get the impression this is not the case in the US.
    It's not against the law to be a racist, say racist things or hold racist opinions. The First Amendment to our Constitution guarantees free speech and freedom of expression, even if it's ugly, racist speech or expression.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Even if they couldn't legally force him to sell, they could make it ridiculously unbearable to continue to try and operate the franchise.
    Agreed. I remember MLB doing the same thing to Marge Schott to make her sell the Reds.




  3. #27

    Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Unless you do a hate crime. Again, did Sterling know he was being recorded?
    Never argue with an EX - wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, significant other or any other person without expecting something to be recording it and for it to come back to bite you.




  4. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,913
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Never argue with an EX - wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, significant other or any other person without expecting something to be recording it and for it to come back to bite you.
    Yes, especially in today's technology day and age. There are so many hand-held recording devices, both audio and video, that if you're a fool to say/do anything improper in public or private... Bc




  5. #29

    Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

    Sterling has his hands full, NBA fining and barring him, wife divorcing him and his girlfriend obviously had a bone to pick with him. Hope he has a pet or something, he's going to be on an island for a while. Amazing how a girlfriend can ruin your life, can't see him having many friends hanging out with him. Bet other felon athletes are happy this happened, keeps them out of the news. Ray Rice has to be happy along with Sharp.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,252

    Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Sterling has his hands full, NBA fining and barring him, wife divorcing him and his girlfriend obviously had a bone to pick with him. Hope he has a pet or something, he's going to be on an island for a while. Amazing how a girlfriend can ruin your life, can't see him having many friends hanging out with him. Bet other felon athletes are happy this happened, keeps them out of the news. Ray Rice has to be happy along with Sharp.
    This isn't going to keep the Rice stuff out of the news.

    As soon as his case gets to court, it's going to be front and center.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This isn't going to keep the Rice stuff out of the news.

    As soon as his case gets to court, it's going to be front and center.
    Why does this meme get floated about as soon as something egregious enters the news cycle?




  8. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hyattsville
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Sterling has his hands full, NBA fining and barring him, wife divorcing him and his girlfriend obviously had a bone to pick with him. Hope he has a pet or something, he's going to be on an island for a while. Amazing how a girlfriend can ruin your life, can't see him having many friends hanging out with him. Bet other felon athletes are happy this happened, keeps them out of the news. Ray Rice has to be happy along with Sharp.
    Please this guy probably has 10 side chicks.




  9. #33

    Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    What exactly is the US law regarding racism? Racism is a criminal offence in the UK and I'm surprised to get the impression this is not the case in the US.
    You must be thinking hate crimes. Laws against racism itself? Laws can't dictate a person's viewpoint or opinion.




  10. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    729

    Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

    !Conspiracy Theory Alert! Skip if so inclined...

    With the rumours that Magic Johnson is interested in buying the team, and he was one of the guys Sterling's girlfriend was posing with instagram on, could he have put her up to recording him?

    She'd have known full well what he was like and would have plenty of opportunity to entice him into saying something moronic. She must have had a specific reason to have actually have a recording device on her at that time.

    I know this toeing the crackpot side of the line, and is possibly adding 2 and 2 and getting 5, but something to ponder nonetheless.
    I told everyone that if I went to Pittsburgh I would have to throw up on my jersey every time I played, - Double J will always be a Raven




  11. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,306
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The NFL has already banned whoever owns the Cleveland Browns from participating in a Super Bowl... Bc
    Clippers have one of the worst win/loss records in all of professional sports, at least until recently.

    and by the way... if we made a big fuss out of every dumb thing an 81 year old man says, we'd be whining a lot
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    729

    Re: Would the NFL Ban an Owner for Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    You must be thinking hate crimes. Laws against racism itself? Laws can't dictate a person's viewpoint or opinion.
    It's quite tricky from a strictly legal standpoint, as 'inciting or partaking in racial hatred' is illegal. Which is as vague as it sounds!
    I told everyone that if I went to Pittsburgh I would have to throw up on my jersey every time I played, - Double J will always be a Raven




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland